Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

whos from arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whos from arkansas

were are the best places to ride

Old 07-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wolf Pen Gap off State hwy 8 just outside of Norman/Black Springs...I'll get a link for ya.

Click here

Old 07-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey smooth, im in jacksonville ar area. where u from? judging from your toys, u like the kind of riding im used to. im from oregon, rode on the oregon dunes my whole life and im havin problems findin good spots around here. everyone rides those damn utility bikes. hows that gasgas? ive been wantin to check those out. it took forever for them to finally come out. im headin to lil sahara next week. where do u ride? it will be my first time there so, we'll see how it goes.

Old 07-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

I ride anywhere from Mill Creek 28 miles from Fayetteville. We also go to White Water Park at Lake Keystone in Sand Springs (sand!), Mark Twain in Segliman, MO, Chadwick, MO, Appalachia Bay at Sand Springs.

We are wanting to go to Lee's Creek and Wolf Pen Gap in Arkansas.

I'm no longer with the one ATV club...gonna have a group of 6 of us who are just friends who are going to ride. We are called the Rebel Outlaws.

Dawn

Old 07-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

hey racechick, what can you tell me about riding in the Cassville/Seligman area. We have ridden at Chadwick a few times, is it anything like that?

What permits are needed, do you have to stop somewhere and pay? Are maps available? Do you need flags on the quads? Where exactly do you unload?

Are the trails clearly marked? or do you just ride wherever you want to? my youngest son rides a trx 90 and is 8 years old, so I need trails that are fairly easy.

Thanks for any info on this, the more detailed the better.

Old 07-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Mark Twain is ok...we rode down a few trails that were pretty difficult. You have to have a permit, a flag, and a orange triangle for the back...if you don't, you'll get a $100 or more ticket. Flags are really easily snapped up there, so be prepared. Our group had several flats.

Mill Creek was pretty fun. We rode today with my 2 year old daughter and we did fine. Just stay away from Super Bowl or Work Hill...it can be pretty difficult. They have a main trail head with a map of the area. I really like it there.

Where are you and are you willing to drive?

Dawn

Old 07-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Trailblazer

I live 40 miles north of Joplin, and dont mind driving a couple of hours to ride somewhere. We've gone to Chadwick a few times. My nephew races at a track at Marshfield MO (East of Springfield) so we've gone over a couple of times to ride at that track with him during practice sessions.

When you go to Seligman, where do you get permits and maps?

We might like to go to Keystone down by tulsa, any info on there?

Old 07-14-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Hey...White Water Park is right below Keystone Dam in Sand Springs, OK. We really had a blast there. We camped over at Keystone Park...which is less than 5 minutes from the riding. It doesn't cost to ride down there.

There are a lot of mud holes to play in, trails to ride on the upper side, and lots of sand! Just don't park out to far in the sand...if you're truck can't make it out, you're stuck...lol! We saw a lot of people fishing below the dam also.

Appalachia Bay is about 10 minutes away. It is a nice place to ride...but when we went it was a little busy since it was Memorail Day. The Bay is out on an island with only one small space to get in. I believe your ATV has to be 51 inches or less to get through. I think the cost to ride here was around $8...I believe.

Hope this helps some,
Dawn

www.rebeloutlaws.freehomepage.com
www.groups.yahoo/group/rebeloutlaws

Old 07-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer

hey locknload i am from the same group as racechick and i second her opion white water is worth the drive from anywhere they have a lot of whoops and it has a lot of soft sandso you can really play out there then they have a powerline trail that has some awesome mud but you better have a good 4x4 and good tires cause it is some soupy mud

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 honda rancher 350 es 4x4
maxxis bighorn mud tires
3 inch maxxis lift

Old 08-04-2004, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

From some nice trails over by Prairie Grove, AR...let me know if you want some info

Dawn

www.rebeloutlaws.freehomepage.com
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/rebeloutlaws