Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for 'Must Ride' suggestions in Minnesota..

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 'Must Ride' suggestions in Minnesota..

So far, i've been up the red top and gilbert. Looking for other suggestions to head out to, for day ride or weekend rides.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:11 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spider Lake, north of Motley, St Croix, north of Twin Cities, a bit rocky, don't know if you are sport or ute rider, Nemadji (spelling ?) south of Duluth, heard it can be a bit muddy,never been there. Also check the DNR web site or ATVAM for trail maps/ locations. What part of the state are you in? I end up doing a bit of riding in Wisconsin,but now that will cost 18 bucks a year for trail stickers, but with the hundreds of miles of trails there, it is worth it to me.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Range Rover

I'm a utility rider. I really enjoy the small trail (width not lenght), in the middle of the woods, lots of obsticles, type of ride. I'm from the western suburbs.. or soon to be suburbs of Minneapolis.

Old 07-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Nemadji has more trails then what is currently on the forest map. Some are technical beyond a novice ability (IMO) It also has a 20 unit campground right in the middle of it but its first come first serve and you best be there Thursday AM to get a spot.

St.Croix - be careful not to go into WI without a trail permit. I have heard that they are now ticketing but I personaly have not been there to verify. If you want to ride in WI check out the black forest area. Many miles of trails but not for technical / utility riding - I'd say more for sport bikes that want the challenge of go-fast-turn riding.

Land-o-lakes has camping areas and good trails. Most are easy riding but a few un-official spurs get into more aggressive areas. Have not been there in two years but it was good when we went. We rode right into one of the towns ahd had icecream treats before heading back.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

there is a place near mile lacs (spelling) that has some really tight and twisty turns in it...it is connected to the "soo line trail" (I do belive that is the name of it) which goes from like mile lacs to just shy of duluth if memory servs me right...lots of mud and obsitacls...have a winch tho because you will more then likely hit a mud hole that looks shallow..but is deep...

there is also three trail systems in south west minnesota....snake creek, trout valley and one other one...I have not been on any of them but the other one (cant think of the name and too lazy right now to look it up on the dnr site) is supposidly rather boring...and dusty if it hasnt rained recently

Old 07-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

I think the trail MnFriesen might be thinking of is the Ten Bruin Run which is part of Red Top. The Soo Line trail runs from Genola, MN to Superior, WI. There is also the North Soo Line that runs from Moose Lake to Cass Lake.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

has anyone run the trails north of Duluth along the north shore of Superiour?? RED dot?? I thought that was the name of it.. They are used for snowmobiling in the winter.