Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfield McCoy Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatfield McCoy Help

Me and some friends were thinking about going to the HM trails this weekend. Anyone have any advice for a bunch of first-timers to the area? We will all be riding sport quads and are experienced riders.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 07-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Check out www.trailsheaven.com for plenty of info. Air your tires up too around 6psi and you will need good skids too. Watch out for the dark colored trails. I was talking too some guys a few weeks back on the Bear Wallow trail. They both been riding for 20+ years both had already wrecked 2 times. Experienced in your area does not mean experienced here in Hatfield / Mccoy country. Have fun!
Gary

Old 07-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

Here are a couple of links that sould help.
Browning Forks Trail House
Browning Fork Map

If you need more info, you can email Lisa Buck. She owns the Browning Fork Trailhouse and is a great lady.

Her email is:lisalbuck@hotmail.com

Old 07-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Look into the trailsheaven website as garyc660r suggestied
waterways being the easiest as well as the new castle rock ..../Buffalo Mt is very good...and finally Rockhouse which is the largest of the system, has the most varietied of terrain
green trqails on any of them are relitively easy, blues not bad.....green and blues can be handled by almost anyone thats careful at what they are doing

Old 07-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

Everyone has given you good advice. Rockhouse is our favorite. There are supposed to be some new trails opening at Buffalo Mtn., it and Bear Wallow are alot like Rockhouse. Waterways and Pineville are the milder of the 5. Watch out for the black trails. We've seen a lot of "experienced" riders total their quads on those trails. There a couple that the Rangers there won't even ride. If you've not been there yet, you're in for a real treat!! You can ride your quads in the towns of Man, Gilbert, Delbarton, Matewan, and they've added Pineville too I believe. Kinda cool riding through McDonalds drive thru on your quad. You can stay anywhere down there and be taken care of like you're family. All the business owners are great. Take fuel if you ride any of them other than Rockhouse and Bear Wallow. (Mrs. Q)

Old 07-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks to all for your input! We just got back and had a wonderful time! We ended up going to Rockhouse. I only wish I lived a little closer, but it was definitely worth the 6 hour drive! All the folks we met were very nice and courteous. Thanks again!

Old 07-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hard to beat that place for riding

Quadcrew, I just know we are going to run into one another down there one of these days

Trending Topics

Old 07-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Range Rover

Kushman - I am sure of that too! We're going to go down in the next couple of weeks, we want to check out Castle Rock. We were going to just make a quick getwaway this weekend, but they posted the new system isn't going to be open this weekend. Maybe next w/e we'll slip down. We'llbe riding two bright freakin' yellow Twin Peaks - can't be hard to miss! I am anxious to see how they handle with the new tires and wheels on them - the ride was real comfortable with the stock ones. (Mrs. Q)

Old 07-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

Quadcrew
I was thinking the same thing till i seen it was closed for the weekend.....post when your going, I'm real good for just jumping out of the chair and taking off LOL