Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

BAUER'S PIT!!!!!!! :D

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAUER'S PIT!!!!!!! :D

Thanks for the compliments Psychotic. There are others that are just as involved. There is one in particular that knows the grant-in-aid system very well who is another keeping the ball rolling. Also, as I mentioned before, ZButcheR also has played a roll with the online petition. This is where our national support is coming from.

CJ,

glad to hear you will be making it to the meeting Tuesday night. Hope you can hold out for the entire meeting again. That last one was boring until it got to us. Hopefully we're further up on the agenda this time.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

CJ5Gurl. Welcome to the forums & Thx for the Help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

LEP7MM, This meeting on Tuesday night. is this the same meeting I attended the other week with ya????

If so. What motions you got for MR chairman & his commissioners????

Old 07-26-2004, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

I forgot to add that the pit might be closed until next spring. That's the trade off for getting it open permanently. But it will give us time to meet all of the conditions.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone know if the pit does get opened back up in the spring, are they going to allow kids in there? My son is 3 and he LOVES to go out there and wheel with his power wheels silverado. Anyhow, I agree with you on the last meeting--it was a whole lotta snoring until they got to us! Then one of our club members got up and started preachin, anyhow. Hopefully we get a lot more accomplished this week. I spoke with one of the commissioners and he told me not to worry because the zoning and planning commission is fairly reasonable on this type of stuff? I don't know if they are or aren't, I only lived in Rice County for like a year. Hopefully they are. We'll see you there!

Old 07-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

ZButcheR,

this is the actual County Commissioners this time. The last group were just the planning and zoning group. A friend of mine stopped by the other day and said he knows all of them. Nothing good to say. I hear there is one from the Northfield area district that is "Tree Hugger Extreme". We'll see what we run into.

Old 07-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Dave.

I'd be more than happy to sit in attendance to support the cause Tuesday night. How did the meeting go on Saturday?

Old 07-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

I just finished up a group trip north of Rice Lake, Wisconsin this week ... we spent most of the time riding the trails around Birchwood.

Although I can't say I've done a huge amount of trail riding on my ATV, I feel that the 90 miles of riding we did on Saturday was some of the most challenging riding that I have ever done. Almost every quad in our group broke. My air filter got clogged with all the dust and had to join the ranks of "broke", just 10 miles short of making it back to camp after the day's ride. It was not only a test at times keeping up with the pack, but also just riding for 13 hours (save some time to stop off for lunch and supper, and some breakage) was really challenging.

One raptor hit a rock and ended up with a 90 degree tie rod. One Honda 400ex with a flat tire. One Polaris Sport 400 that will no longer run (only backfired). Another raptor bent his sprocket on a rock. Another four-stroke Yamaha of some sort wasn't running it's best near the end.

It was a real love/hate relationship. When I started having problems, it really took me off focus. But when the quad was running great, it was a LOT of fun! Those trails had it all though ... rocks, mud holes, hills, ruts, and sometimes fast straightaways.

I would HIGHLY recommend doing some trail riding over there! Before next time, I'll be buying some skid plating and having an extra air filter with me!

Old 07-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

I sure hope everyone gets this before tomorrow night.

The meeting has been scheduled for 10:30 Tuesday morning. Not sure what happened here. If times were changed or we were given the wrong info. I do know that I can't make it now due to prior comittments. We do have another person who will be there to speak on the off-road behalf.

This pi$$es me off. I tried to call the commissioner in charge of that district but got his answering machine. Let's hope all goes well.

Old 07-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Dave,

Mission Petition Delivery succeeded tonight!

Old 07-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: klier
Dave,

Mission Petition Delivery succeeded tonight!

Great Klier, Thanks a bunch. I figured that was the fastest way for him to get one under these circumstances.

Quick Reply: BAUER'S PIT!!!!!!! :D