Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

BAUER'S PIT!!!!!!! :D

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAUER'S PIT!!!!!!! :D

I'll be at the meeting tomarrow night for sure, pretty much positive my husband will be there also. Thanks for the phone call letting us know of the time change. There will also be a couple other people there from Waseca with us, so hopefully all goes well. Wish us luck!

Old 07-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dave, are we sure the meeting is at 10:30? Rice co. Board of Commissioners website says meeting starts at 9:30. Are we just planning on not getting there until we need to be there, or were we given wrong time again? Please let me know!

Old 07-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nevermind, my bad. If I would have looked closer, I would've seen that the Zoning and Planning part of the meeting IS at 10:30. Blonde moment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Range Rover

from: http://www.co.rice.mn.us/CountyBoard...2704-Board.mht

RICE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS

Commissioner’s Room / Government Services Building

Tuesday / July 27, 2004 / 9:30 a.m

AGENDA

9:30 am I. CALL TO ORDER

A. Roll Call

B. Approval of Minutes of July 13, 2004 (Regular Board); and July 20, 2004 (Work Session)

C. Approval of Agenda

9:35 am II. SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT: Richard Cook

v Adoption of Res. #04-042/Safe & Sober Communities Grant

9:40 am III. SOLID WASTE: Michael Cook

A. Request for Out-of-State Travel/Mike Cook

B. Approval of Final Payment to Borneke Construction/Phase IV Cell

9:50 am IV. HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT: Dennis Luebbe

A. Approval of Final Payment to Selly Construction/Bridge Replacement

B. Award of Low Bid for CSAH 23 &27/Mill & Bituminous Overlays

10:00 am V. DNR DIVISION OF FISHERIES: Hugh Valiant

v Support of the Sakatah Aquatic Management Area

10:10 am VI. PUBLIC HEALTH: Mary Ho

A. Approval of Contract Renewals

B. Approval of Contract Amendment with Heart to Heart Adult Foster Care

C. Approval of Contract with Medica Health Plans

D. Authorization to Submit Radon Education Grant

10:25 am VII. AUDITOR/TREASURER: Fran Windschitl

v Abatements

10:30 am VIII. PLANNING & ZONING: Arlyn Grussing

A. TEPOP Request for Gravel Crushing & Washing Operation/Milestone Materials (Northfield)

B. TEPOP Request for Portable Concrete Batch Plant/Shafer Contracting (Webster)

C. Request for Waiver of Plat to Create Building Lot/Dan Hendrickson (Shieldsville)

D. CUP Request for Farm Reduction/Robert Berghoff (Wells)

E. CUP Request for Home Occupation to Operate Machine Shop/Dale Nelson (Webster)

F. Preliminary Plat Request/Property Development Limited (Forest)

G. Request for Change of Zoning (from A to RC)/Roy Bauer (Cannon City)

H. CUP Request to Operate Organized Motor Sports Area (ATV & Other Off-Road Vehicles)/Roy Bauer (Cannon City)

10:55 am IX. ADMINISTRATION: Gary Weiers

A. Consent Agenda

1. Payment of Bills

2. Extra Time/Over Time Report

3. Ratification of Social Service Cases

4. Personnel Appointments

5. Approval of Request from Rice Co. Integrated Roadside Committee/ Placement of Roadside Signs within County Road Right-of-Ways

6. Sending the Topic of Amendment to Zoning Ordinance (Antenna/Tower Heights) for Discussion on Future Agenda of Planning Commission

B. Wellness Committee Update

11:00 am X. ADJOURN (The Board may meet as a group for lunch)
Text

Old 07-27-2004, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

kylersk,

Thanks for the reply.

Old 07-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

I just want to say thanks to LEP7MM and all the others that are working so hard to keep Bauwer's Pit open. I've ridden there many times and it is one of the best places in Minnesota to ride. I think that if we all pitch in we can make it an even better place to ride than it was. Keep letting us know when the meetings are and what we can do to help out.

Old 07-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

From what I've been told, the CUP passed, now we just have the project of cleaning up the pit. I didn't make it to the meeting, as I have some impacted wisdom teeth, but those who made it, can you fill us in on the details? One of my friends went and she was pretty vague on all the details. We have the resources to get some heavy equipment and trailers to help clean up out there. Also, we have many people willing to volunteer time to get it done. Keep us posted as to what you find out.

Old 07-27-2004, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

CJ,

you heard right. The CUP did pass. I wish could have been there. The sad thing is there are some things that we were basically uneducated on until yesterday and I wasn't able to go and present these findings. The sound level they impose on "all businesses" (yeah right) is 50 dbs at the road. What's wrong with this is that even without the pit operating, you can go out and get a 60 db reading just from the sounds of nature. A normal conversation will generate 70 dbs. To me it almost "sounds" like (pardon the pun) they don't want any noise period. But this is something to bring up if there are any troubles. A couple of us are meeting again tomorrow with the DNR to go over a more definite and more secure plan.

We're past the first hurdle. There's only a couple other things to do and we can open it under the county guidelines for now.

Old 07-28-2004, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

So, this noise stipulation, is it something we can possibly come to a mutually realistic agreement with the county on? How are we going to possibly be able to stick to that? I know that most of our trucks, and for sure our quads will never be able to stay that quiet! Please, let us know if we need machinery or manpower. Dave--I believe you have our ph#, we have access to skidsteers, front end loaders(bigger ones), trailers, dozers--pretty much whatever we would need. AND- the operators to go along with them.

Old 07-28-2004, 12:44 AM
Trailblazer

Let me know when the clean up begins, will surely help in any way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: BAUER'S PIT!!!!!!! :D