Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

wanted: ride areas that compare to Hatfield/McCoy

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanted: ride areas that compare to Hatfield/McCoy

I like the trails at the Uwharrie National Forrest in North Carolina. This could be a stopping point before you reach Hatfield/Mccoy trails.

Old 09-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

herbee i live in ny an am think of goign down tghere could u giv eme a website or tell me more

nvm that kind of far i go to wv though

Old 09-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Gary,

I have heard nothing but great things about Wagon Wheel. Just wish I had the time to go. I did make it over to Pinnacle Creek awhile back. Nice and easy riding. Seen where you cross over to Wagon Wheel but didn't have anyone in the group that knew the way. Look forward to seeing you in a few days.

650Kawgirl

Old 09-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Range Rover

650kawgril

I recieved an invitation from "confedretehokie" to ride The Wagon Wheel area on Sunday 10/17/04
He volunteered to show us the trails the locals use. I am sure we have room for more if you want to follow ... he says the trails are somewhat well marked and vary from easy to extreme.

I cannot believe how nice ALL of West Virginia has been to us. This is why we keep returning - this is our second year, and I am already planning our October '05 return trip.

The hurricanes have taken a lot of our focus this year and we can't wait for a the safety and calm feelings we get while trying not to fall off the side of a mountain ...

Old 10-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

[quote]
Originally posted by: Ilovemymudder
650kawgril

I recieved an invitation from "confedretehokie" to ride The Wagon Wheel area on Sunday 10/17/04
He volunteered to show us the trails the locals use. I am sure we have room for more if you want to follow ... he says the trails are somewhat well marked and vary from easy to extreme.

q]

Mudder,

My husband and I are seriously considering the offer to follow you to Wagon Wheel. Make sure that confederatehokie doesn't care. I'm not experienced enough for the extreme trails though. We will discuss the plans more when you get to Gilbert. Thanks for the invite.

Old 10-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Range Rover

Mudder - there isn't any place like WV!! We just got back, and are missing it already. We'll be anxious to hear your ride reports when you get back. We rode the H/M Pinnacle Creek trails, and I am sure the local ones there are awesome as well. (not too many challenges on the H/M ones there). We feel for those of you in Florida - one awful storm after another. You have a safe trip up and have fun riding - it'll get your mind off of hurrricanes, that is for sure[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (Mrs. Q)

Old 10-04-2004, 02:03 AM
Trailblazer

My husband and I are seriously considering the offer to follow you to Wagon Wheel. Make sure that confederatehokie doesn't care. I'm not experienced enough for the extreme trails though. We will discuss the plans more when you get to Gilbert. Thanks for the invite.
No problem! The more, the muddier [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Seriously, Come on down. I think we will be meeting at the Wagon Wheel parking lot, but I'm not sure what time yet. Gary is gonna call me when he gets to your place so we can firm up the plans. He also said that you were buying lunch.... Any truth to that?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] j/k

See you then,
Honk

Old 10-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Range Rover

Mrs. Q, 650 Kawgirl and Honk -
Thanks for all the good wishes regarding the hurricanes - I have lived here all my life and cannot remember another season like this. Yes, our Hatfield/McCoy trip is a much needed diversion

Mrs Q - I have heard the same thing about Pinnacle Creek - easy ride without much challenge, but Honk assures us that the Non-Hatfield trails near it are the local's favorite - and you will get a ride report upon our return

650 kawgirl - Honk gave you the invite, and I agree. You and Mr. 650 are welcome to join us - I understand the extreme trails are avoidable, but why would anyone want to do that ... j/k

Looks good for Sunday ride with Honk - please consider it confirmed - and of course we will call upon our arrival -

Old 10-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: ConfederateHokie
[
No problem! The more, the muddier [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Seriously, Come on down. I think we will be meeting at the Wagon Wheel parking lot, but I'm not sure what time yet. Gary is gonna call me when he gets to your place so we can firm up the plans. He also said that you were buying lunch.... Any truth to that?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] j/k

See you then,
Honk
Yee Haw Mr. 700Kawman and I feel like kids that have just been invited to a new amusement park but much better. We aren't gonna have to wait in a 45 minute line for a 3 second thrill. We'll get with Gary on the meeting place. Thanks Honk

As for lunch, it will be a pleasure to buy you one of those Wagon Wheel burgers we in Mingo County keep hearing about being so delicious.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Range Rover

650Kaw - Hey you have it backwards...in WV it'll be a 3 second wait for a 45 minute long thrill?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You guys have fun and fill us in when you get back. (Mrs. Q)