Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

deepwater Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 12:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deepwater Missouri

This truly sucks,,,,,I ride with kansas city sam and I have to agree,quit screwing it up for the rest of us!!!!We pay high dollar for our bikes but in Indep were I live we have to cart our bikes hours to ride.....People start asking your city officials for parks near kc and if you see the dopes who pollute our parks say something,,,,,Theyre are those who want the fun of atv riding and those that want to pose....Dont be a poser!!!!!!
Lets stand up for the fun of us all but be responsible,,,,,,I want to ride and i want you to ride

Old 08-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey guys when you go to deepwater, try to spread the word. Let everyone kno the situation and tell them to spread the word. If you see someone acting a fool, call them out on it. Im not saying we need to kick everyones a$$ but we need to stop this BS.

Old 08-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Range Rover

As of right now Deepwater is still open. I have talked to some people from Deepwater and they said that the kid who died was a local teen.They wouldn't say exactly what happend but they said he was out doing he usually stupid anticts. I know we can't controll what other riders do but, KScowboy is right we have to spread the word. Everyone has limits and unless you know what your limits are you are just asking for trouble. Stay off the gravel roads, respect other riders and please pick up after yourself, and it wouldn't kill us to pick up after those who don't. I know it aint right but the allternative is to shut the place down...ride hard but ride safe......

Old 08-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Went riding at Deepwater on Sat and the first thing we noticed as we were pulling in was a 20 something year old riding his quad without a helmet pulling wheelies thru the parking lot. There was motorcyles doing donuts throwing rocks over the parked trucks and once again no helmet. We parked at the end near the road that everone crosses over and went riding. I must agree with "AMD" this place needs to be worked over with a bulldozer. There was holes that had no bottom to them. Trails extremely in need of help. As we rested back in the parking lot I noticed an almost nonstop line of trucks pulling into this place. There were more people riding on the paved roads without helmets then I've ever seen. There were kids riding doulbe on their quads thru the trails and parents with toddlers riding together on motorcyles, come on people. Can you really afford to risk the chance of injury to your youth? As we ate our lunch under one of the trees in the parking lot, we found the underside of this tree littered with beer bottles, hambuger wrappers, chip bags, an old orange juice bottle and misc trash that we picked up. What a disgrace. Is this the way we want to teach our kids how to have fun? I understand that there isn't anyone on site to patrol and keep order, but there are rules to the park. If you can read, they are clearly posted at the entrance to the parking lot and they say that you are to wear a helment. Please use common sense. Others have posted on this forum that if you see wrong doings point them out to the person so they can learn from their mistakes but if that was the case you would spend the whole time teaching and not riding. I don't want to sound like a big complainer but I'm sure others will agree, this was not how it's suppost to be. Play it safe, enjoy the ride, and I'll see ya on the trails.

Old 08-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Range Rover

where is deepwater?

Old 08-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Deep water is located south of the town Clinton, Mo. it is some land that the corp of engineers let anything go and ride on. Jeeps, Dune buggys, tractors, ATV's whatever will fit down the trails. It is also called "Cooper creek area" you might look it up on the Missouri parks and rec website. I'm sorry I don't know the web page. I don't recommend traveling from St Louis to go ride here, it's not worth the drive. I would however highly recommend Finger Lakes in Columbia, Mo. once again you can find it on the Missouri park and rec website. I bet you've already been there tho. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
see ya on the trails [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2004, 11:27 PM
amd
Pro Rider

I went riding at deepwater on sunday, and I must say the trails were in pretty good shape due to not having any rain, of course there is big mud holes but atleast their is a trail to get around it. The main thing I had about deepwater is all the morons riding in the parking lot cutting cookies kicking up dust throwing rocks all over the place. Also little kids just riding in circles in the parking lot not paying any attention what is going on. One Ricki Carmichael wantabe came blazing thru the parking lot like he was supercross racing throwing rocks all over. I must say I had a good time down there like I usually do but like has been said by everyone on here people need to have more respect for others and their property.

Old 08-19-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

Deep Water is not open to jeeps and buggies....well its not susposed to be. They can't access most of the trails anyway. Last time I was there 2 trucks were trying to get thru a big mud pit but they kept getting stuck.

Old 08-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Well sorry to come off sounding so Negtive about Deepwater. I too had a good time riding, (anytime riding is better than not riding) Well if the trails are not open to jeeps and dunebuggys somebody needs to inform them. I was riding the trails and discovered a Jeep behind me splashing thru the mud back on the old railroad tracks. once we got to the other side of the road by the lake there was a Dunebuggy jumping the hills. When we were leaving there were more Dunbuggys showing up and a go-cart driven by a mother with two kids on it. (one around 7 the other maybe 2 ) I'm telling ya what an eye opener.

Old 08-21-2004, 01:34 AM
Trailblazer

Quick Reply: deepwater Missouri