Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Edmonton Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edmonton Area

Actaully, any info about any dunes in Alberta wouls be great

Old 08-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......
Default Edmonton Area

well the hinton sand dunes will seem small to you prob if you used to st.anthony but hell they are sure good for alberta thats for sure. From Edmonton they would prob be about.......4 hours i guess, not really to sure but i would think about 4 hours its not hard to see once you pass Hinton and your going on the highway towards the jasper border the road is located on the left side of the road and has a big sign about.... get permission to access this road... you dont have to nobody does......... just before the turn off there is a camp ground sign. You will see the big colorfull sign and thats where u turn off...........If you want to pay some money or camp in a diff camp ground there is a lodge down the road from that turn off. You can either camp there or sleep in the lodge things, not sure how much, and there is access to the dunes beside the lake from that camp site there. The lodge is prob allot easier to find for somone who doesnt no the area good and allot easier to find the trails to go out to the dunes there also. The other sand hills when i say sand HILLS they are no dunes thats for sure, its vega sand hills and its prob about an hour and half 2 hours from edmonton its mostly just sand trails and some hills its fun but nothing there even comes close to being hard for my DS.

Old 03-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Trailblazer
Default Edmonton Area

Hey do any of you guys know the rules / regulations like is it allegal to ride on your own property or like in the ditch or what is allegal? Any infos apreciated

Old 03-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Edmonton Area

I don't know much of any trails or tracks you can ride on near Edmonton but if you travel west, there are suppose to be allot of nice trails all along the Foresrty Trunk Road.

I'm from Ponoka (about an hour south of Edmonton) and I ussally go out out west of Rocky Mountian House. Lots of nice ridding out there. Tons of trails. There is a track there to but I never been there so I don't know if quads are aloud on it. My uncle was telling me once that there are also supposly some sand dunes near there as well but I never check it out yet. I have a 4x4 so it probbally won't be as fun as a sport quad would be on the sand.

As for rules and regulations.
- On your own land you don't need anything but if you take your quad off your own land then you need a registration and insurance.
- Your aloud on crown land as long as it isn't a national or provincel park.
- You can't drive on pulic roads or in the ditch along the roads. ( I got caught once by a cop when driving in a ditch along a highway. Luckly I only got a warnning. ) I live on a farm so I drive down the county roads all the time. Not legal but I do it anyways. Rarely do I ever see a cops here but on the highway your more likely to get caught.
- For other private property you just need the owners permisson but you don't need registration and insurance.

Old 08-24-2005, 03:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Edmonton Area

i know this post is old as hell but thought id post anyway.

go over to Edmontons Best Quadding club and post. Theres lots of guys to ride with, maps of areas. etc etc.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default Edmonton Area

Originally posted by: Lococoin
i know this post is old as hell but thought id post anyway.

go over to Edmontons Best Quadding club and post. Theres lots of guys to ride with, maps of areas. etc etc.
nice find