Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Carnegie

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carnegie

Rode Carnegie for about 3 1/2 hrs on Tuesday. Boy, was it hot, but nobody there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Wonder why?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] kid w/ me decided to ride the mototrak @ south end & went over one of the berms. Landed on the rocks about 15 feet down. Brokwe a collar bone, sprained his wrist, & bruised the h@ll out of his leg. He's here on vacation from Hawaii & he said this is the most fun he's had yet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Kids!!! Guess I better not tell my daughter that he said that.

Old 08-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carnegie

That is a bummer. Broken collar bones really suck. I broke mine about 10 years ago going over the hadlebars on my mountain bike. I just remember having to wear that stupid brace and sleep on my back for six weeks.

Old 08-12-2004, 06:26 PM
Range Rover
Default Carnegie

His dad did the same thing racing when he was young. Guess it runs in the family.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2004, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Carnegie

Carnegie is cursed. Me and 2 of my friends got hurt on the motocross track. 1 collar bone, 1 broken leg, and I broke my leg and hip. None of us have been back since. My cousin was there 3 weeks ago and got hit head on by a bike and wrecked his Raptor. He was a little banged up but not to bad.

Old 08-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Quad Patrol
Default Carnegie

I agree on it being cursed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I used to ride there years ago. Always seemed that someone was going over the berm on the track and breaking things. Haven't been there in years though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Hope he gets well soon and gets back in the saddle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Range Rover
Default Carnegie

He'll be back in Hawaii B4 he'll have a chance ti ride again. Yep, he went right over that berm & down about 10--12 ft right onto the rocks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Only place that's closer to me is Sand Hill Ranch, & thats even worse!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carnegie

Wow I guess I will check that one off my list.

I have heard its not that greatest for ATV's anyways? That the trails are more suited for dirtbikes. Is that true?

Old 08-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Range Rover
Default Carnegie

Pretty steep & narrow trails, not alot of areas to turn around or even lift the rear around in. Hollister, I've heard, is more user frienly for ATV's & family. 1-way trails for safety, I've heard. You've got some good trails up there by you, according to jetsnow600. Think he lives there by you?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Quad Patrol
Default Carnegie

Seadog, Hollister is definately a better place to ride atvs then Carnegie. At least in my honest opinion. You are correct about one way trails, marked trails for difficulty, atv and family friendly. Alot of riding areas to explore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Carnegie

For atv's I would say Hollister or South Cow Mountain for sure.

Quick Reply: Carnegie