Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

looking for fellow upstate NY riders "need New trails to ride"

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default looking for fellow upstate NY riders "need New trails to ride"

I hear that. I was just curious, because I usually just ride with my brother, and unless we go somewhere and pay to ride, we only have a bout 40 acres at our disposal. Kind of hard to get lost when you can cover every inch of trail in about 12 minutes at a good clip.

Old 12-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zig. I line in Warrensburg, NY, where they had the Mudd Bogg at the Powersports Rally this year, if you went. It was a good time had by all. I actually assisted in the making of the hole. I was actually looking at some of the pics from your forum and saw myself! I remember having some conversations with some member of the Muddnutts group. I didnt realize you were soo close. What does it take to become a member? And how often do you go on rides.We dont have actual trails up here that are designated for wheelers. We do however have many trails in the winter for snowmobilers. But most of the people who allow snowmobilers in the winter also let us ride our wheelers in the other months provided we arent destructive to their land. But even other than those trails, there are miles and miles of land and mountains to ride up here. Its usually an awesome time had by all.

Old 12-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Pro Rider

Hi beldog, I was up there for that. I was the Nutt at the starting line waving the quads on.!! lol
Sounds like a great time could be had up there in the winter months. That area is real nice.
In order to become a Member , Just contact Duane or Bago from our website forum. The info you need is all there under club info.
Contact them and tell them you talked with me and come on down for a ride sometime. We post all our rides on the forum well in advance. So just check there every so often. The only thing we ask is that are members try to be active members. When we need help fixing a Bridge or running a MudBog we would hope that you can be available to help out in anyway that you can. Its hard to find good members.. Everyone just wants to ride and not participate in the maintaining of safe trails and the oranization of events.
Thanks,
Zig (Mark)

Old 12-28-2004, 02:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Bro, I grew up in Albany and now I live in Schoharie and we have some good riding. Not in the winter tho. The trails are used for snowmobiles then. I usally ride every other weekend. In Jan I'm going down to PA for a ride.

Old 12-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer

Zig, Tughill sounds like your place. Ya it does get kind of old riding the seasonal roads, but i learned that if you stay off the beaten path you can still get to where you want to go and the trails are alot narrower, about a cars lengths wide. It would take you a bit more than two hours to get there, (I90 to Utica, then 12 North for another hour) There are few places in this state where you can ride a 100 miles a day that you have the convenience of stopping for gas and food every 30 minutes if that is what you like. I live 45 minutes south and have riden up there for the past ten years and I find new areas to ride up there pretty consistently.

Typicall you will see a hundred or more people up there on a Saturday and most are very cool people that are not arrogant, and just looking to have a good time. If you hit the right weekend they have bands and DJ's at some of the stops and that is always a good time with plenty of women. oh yaaaa

What is really strange up on the hill is that you very rearely see anyone riding at night. Once the sun goes down everyone splits. NOW this is the best time to ride. If you know the trails/roads up on the hill those boring rodes during the day are abosolutely a blast at night. Once that loss of visiblilty occurs there is something about blasting down a seasonal road at 50 - 60 mph per hour hanging around corners and blasting over the many peaks and troughs. Sounds slow but it is a different tyoe if thrill riding up on the hill at night and is absolutely a blast. The tunnel vision you get traveling at speeds at night is irreplaceable

Chris

Old 12-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Chris, Thanks for the input....we are traveling there in July as a club weekend get-away. Its sounds like its gonna be fun.
Thanks again,
zig (mark)

Old 12-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Range Rover

Why do snowmobiles get all the trails they want. I know people around binghamton, and they have 100's of miles of trails. NY also just bought 250,000 acres from a paper company, but only atv's are banned.

Old 12-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah it's bullcrap. My buddy had a camp they rented in St.Regius Falls they rented from the paper company. It was a great place to ride and spend the weekend. The state purchased the land and kicked all the people out. He had a cabin built there and everything. It all had to be out bu July 4th. What a sack of ****!!!

Old 12-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

Mark, No problem, In case you do not have reservations or have never been up there I recommend the following motels.

-Timberview (Turin) Central to Southern Tug Hill
-The Edge Motel( Lyons falls) on Rt 12 about 3 miles to the east as the crow flies to Timberview
-Brantingham Inn, about 5 miles to the east as the crow flies to Timberview
-Flatrock Inn, central Tug Hill
-Montague Inn central to Northern Tug Hill
-Tuggers, Barnes corners NY , Most Northern part of Tug hill, They also have camping and hook ups for campers.

If you would like phone numbers let me know and I will get them off my ATV trail map for the hill

Chris

Old 12-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Chris, where did you get your trailmap?

Quick Reply: looking for fellow upstate NY riders "need New trails to ride"