Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

looking for fellow upstate NY riders "need New trails to ride"

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for fellow upstate NY riders "need New trails to ride"

Im looking for fellow Upstate NY riders. Im gettin a little sick of riding the same old trails and im looking for new places......either 4 wheel drive trails or sport trails.

Zig

Old 08-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Zig, how far "upstate" are you? I really don't have any places to ride except a few off road parks. Want to give trailpass a shot though. There are quite a few places to go in western/central PA, ever tried there?

Old 08-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Scooter86, Im near Albany NY. I know of a bunch of places to ride but im looking for more. I am in a ATV group out of Ravena NY that do a number of rides a month but im looking to expand my ATV riding to different area's. I mostly ride the Suzuki Vinson due to the fact that there isnt many places to ride the zilla around this area that i know of. Most of the riding i have been doing in the past few years has been technical trail riding in Revena and in the lake george area. I am thinking of giving trail pass a shot also, but they are a little expensive for a yearly pass. My Lake George contact has just quit the club, so my riding up in that area is pretty much shot,which kind of sucks becuase the trails up there are awesome.
Zig

Old 08-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Majestic trails in PA has some 30 miles of trail, and I was talking to a guy there with a DS. The trails seemed plenty big enough for his Bomb, lots of hillside rambling. The BAnshee we had at the time was a bit much to handle, but my LT250R was perfect. All the trails were well suited for that Vinson too. The only thing is, it is quite a haul from Albany. Have you ever been out to Tug Hill?

Old 08-24-2004, 07:09 AM
Pro Rider

never been to tug hill yet. I have heard a lot about it.

Old 08-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

I think you should contact the tug hill wheelers also, not sure how though, they may have a site. I have never been but I hear there is some technical "utility" type trails but most of it is seasonal road stuff which is mostly snowmobile trails. It may a good place to go open up the Zilla.

Old 08-24-2004, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ZigZillaI know of a bunch of places to ride but im looking for more.
I am from Colonie. You said that you know a bunch of places to ride. The only place i know around here is on the railroad tracks. Where are some other ones. I have joined trailpass though and the Lake George trails are really fun.

Old 08-25-2004, 07:24 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Muddkid12, Like i said before. I am in a club located in Revena that offers tons of riding. A huge network of trails. If you are interested in a possible ride you must first contact the club president. We have a MSN website and a NEW forum page up and running. We usually have a couple rides per month but we are now limiting the number of riders too 10 persons. In the past we have experienced major problems with groups larger then 15 persons,so it's now a first ten too sign up for a ride type of thing.
Zig

MuddNutts MSN site
MuddNutts forum page

Old 08-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Just out of curiosity, what kind of problems do you run into with larger groups? I've never been, but Tug Hill looks like a great place to ride. At least it seems to work for a bunch of the Yamaha boys. Even so, that has to be a good 4 hour drive or so for you I would think.

Old 08-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Well as far as problems go, with 15 or more riders together, its always one machine breaking down after another. Even with 2 way radios , the guys in the back have to play catch up becuase we always have a few stupid people that show up and dont have the common curtisy to look behind them to se if their tail man is with them. Just dumb people that have no idea how to ride trails with large groups even after they are told what they have to do. Each person on our rides has a job to do and thats to look after the person in front of you and the person in back of you.
We try to ride as safe as we can.

Quick Reply: looking for fellow upstate NY riders "need New trails to ride"