Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NJ RR Tracks WARNING

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 04:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ RR Tracks WARNING

Blah, bllah, blah.........I was making a point........We were all kids once. Some live in areas where the RR tracks are the last link to riding.......PERIOD. You have no idea.........In NJ we have wetlands and RR tracks, everything else is developed.

You guys never broke any rules growing up. Hah!!!!!!! So preach on......no one will listen...........

Old 09-26-2004, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider

Oh and now I know 2 kids now who were impounded. The last one got 4 tickets, $3000. My kids are on lockdown for a while.

Old 09-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer

Lets see, you defend them for riding the tracks although they could get hit and killed. But when it comes to your pocket book they get you attention. I am sure glad my father was more concerned with my welfare then his money.
I hope they keep fining them. Break the law and pay the price. Freddy22, this has nothing to do with my chippy little attitude, just have seen 1st hand what a train will do to a person. And where I get my food has nothing to do with anything. In fact it sounds to me as if you have the attitude. Mann I hopped i speled al that write.

Old 09-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Range Rover

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

If I lived in an area where there were no areas to ride, I wouldn't buy a quad, luckly I live in the Pacific Northwest where riding is plentiful. I use to run on the tracks down in Texas, seemed like a great place to run until I had a run in with a unexpected train, and the local officals gave me the third degree on tresspassing but let me go, lesson learned, I was still alive and not ticketed, I learned my lesson. I feel sorry for all who have now where to ride, but the tracks are private property and it's dangerous to ride them, everybody's choice to do what they want though, if some kid gets killed by a darn train, oh well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

1st off I DO NOT endorse breaking the law AT ALL!!!!!!

If you are going to ride the tracks because your riding areas are being shut down, TEACH your kids to use COMMON SENCE. Little johnny your riding on the train tracks "PLEASE" WATCH OUT FOR THE TRAINS. If your approched by the LAW, DO NOT make an a$$ out of yourshelf and make it worse for yourshelf.

It's ashame that your left with trucking your kids around so they can ride their quads. But on the other side of the coin I DO NOT LIKE to see death....

GET INVOLVED with land use issue in your area for the sake of preserving this land for all of you that want to use it!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

There is absolutely no justification to break the law what-so-ever. Laws are in place for reasons. If not to protect the morons who don't have common sense in the first place, then to protect the others that have to deal with thier stupidity. If you break the law... pay the price.

Quite honestly, I think they should just take the quad away every time someone intententionally rode on private property knowing they shouldn't be there. Just because the land has good access, doesn't mean you have the right to ride on it.

It's no different than someone riding across your yard.

As far as parenting goes... the parents should be held just as responsible for thier child's actions. If the child breaks the law, the parent should be held just as responsible for allowing it to happen. Don't have kids if you can't take care of them.

My whole family enjoys riding quads and dirtbikes and want to keep riding. It's those schmucks that think the laws don't apply to them that ruin it for everyone else. These are the people that get our riding areas shut down, because they think they can ride just outside the rules and are arrogant when caught. They're always the victim and do nothing wrong. Do the right thing... use common sense and ride in designated areas. If you don't have a designated area to ride in, don't claim someone elses property as your own to use, it's not yours. If it's inconvenient for you... take up something else.

I think it's a sad day when people endorse breaking the law and potentially making others clean-up the bloody mess.

Don't make us pay for your (if it applies to you) stupid actions.

Old 09-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

My friend has told me that,if I Lived in an area where ya couldnt ride I wouldnt buy a quad,Yeah good answer let the shmuck politicians take over an sit at home an smoke dope all day.yeah this is the eutopia they want you 2 have.Years ago bsm I worked in a garage in bound brook,the 1 tech told me if ya went by the tracks the train police would shoot ya with salt guns an he said man them things when they hit ya would put salt in ya skin it would sting for days.lol.I would love to go riding w ya someday,maybe english town or something ,somewhere we can ride an rip it up an not have the paranoid feeling the cops are gonna be here any minute feeling

Old 09-26-2004, 10:09 PM
TRV
Trailblazer

Darn, looks like the smart ones from New Jersey and Kerry's home state won the mispelling contest! Looks like the "No child left behind" act didn't take hold quick enough or is it just an East coast attitude thing?

Old 09-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

I was a child left behind,I didnt get in on it in time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NJ RR Tracks WARNING