Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NJ RR Tracks WARNING

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ RR Tracks WARNING

<<<Lets see, you defend them for riding the tracks although they could get hit and killed. But when it comes to your pocket book they get you attention. I am sure glad my father was more concerned with my welfare then his money.
I hope they keep fining them. Break the law and pay the price. Freddy22, this has nothing to do with my chippy little attitude, just have seen 1st hand what a train will do to a person. And where I get my food has nothing to do with anything. In fact it sounds to me as if you have the attitude. Mann I hopped i speled al that write.>>>

Guess what..... know it all. You don't know me, you don't know my kids. I have spent endless hours riding with my sons and boring the living crap out of them, constantly teaching them about safety. I go out of my way to teach them that they should always be thinking an always expect danger. I hope you don't think these kids are riding on the actual tracks, do you? There are paths on either side that the RR guys drive pickup trucks on. These tracks are the only way to access trails around here, it's been going on for decades.

People like you think that making a bunch of rules and imposing them on other people is promoting safety. That philosophy has dummied down our culture to a point that people rely on the govt. to think for them. People sue for everything that goes wrong, so more laws are made restricing freedom. Kids today are generally, fat losers who play video games all day, because everything else has been outlawed by folks like you. None of them think for themselves, because our schools are feminizing them.......

No matter how much you hawk over kids and make rules, they will still be out of your site one day and get in trouble.

The #1 factor in safety for kids is teaching them common sense, self preservation, and expect the unexpected.

Take your attitude elsewhere.

Don't tread on me...........

Old 09-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Another thing, it's great how the people who always say "you should only ride in legal areas"......Live in areas that provide endless legal riding.

Find another hobby? Should I tell my kids to hang at the local BB hoops so they can meet all of the dope smoking losers who wear giant pants and side ways hats? Maybe I should have them hang at the mall and walk around like fashion queens. Or......I could just buy them a bunch of video games and say, stay at home kids, it's dangerous out there........

People are so full of theirselves.

Old 09-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Sugar whats up? It wouldn't surprise me if they shot a kid with rock salt, going 40 MPH, on a quad next to the RRtracks. That would be promoting SAFETY FIRST!

Actually, I have a buddy who works for the RR, he says for the most part they don't care. The only time they hassle people is when they have big work projects going on, like rebuilding tracks and such...........

Old 09-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

bsb64: ALL your points are very valid ones about our young people today and i'm sure you are a very good parent. I'm sorry my friend (if i may call you that) Private Property is just that. If people would respect and understand that; MANY laws would not be necessary.

Old 09-26-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

I dont have kids an yes the parents who arent there for there kids an when there kids Mess up an get hurt,its sue this an sue Honda an the video games made Jonhnny kill etc an they bitch an moan an they are the 1s who are feminizing our school an country nowadays the worst offenders if ya ask me instead of being better parents.What ever happened to fighting w fists nowadays the bullies still get away,when ya curse some 1 out in school it seems they make wussies outta the wrong kids with anger management an love your neighbor classes,in schools they dont value individuality anymore maybe they nevr did for that matter.Steppin off my soapbox cause I dont get paid enuff to be George Dubya LOL. Just wanted 2 know if ya ever wanted to get together to go ridin bsm?

Old 09-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Yes we do have the greatest riding areas in the states, all different types of terrain and for that I am thankful, I'm sorry for the East Coast quaders that your area is not quad friendly.

Old 09-26-2004, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah Sugar. Have you been to English town? Been thinking of going there. Is it crowded? Do they allow Utilities? My kid has a Blaster too......

Old 09-27-2004, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

bsb64, I'm sorry, I did come at you pretty strong. Not wanting to be a jerk it's just that I do work for a railroad and I must say still that all the roads I know of will bust your butt for tresspassing and for good reasons. That being said I am sure by your post that you are a good parent. But please help those parents that are not and direct their kids somewhere else if at all possible. I would hate to read about them in the stats that we see. If you ever get a chance to bring your kids and your quads down this way I would gladly show you some fantastic riding, as we are lucky to have a lot of places to ride. Although like everywhere the tree huggers are gunning for us everyday. Once again I am sorry for coming at you so strongly.

One last thing. The Railroad that I work for would never shoot anything at anyone for tresspassing. And we do sponsor youth activities such as base ball, soft ball and other things.

Old 09-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

NO ive never been on the englishtown track or to chatsworth.I can understand why the railroads private landowners etc dont want Ya riding on there land,Your a liability pure an simple,I dont think it use 2 be this bad years ago.Its due to lawsuit happy america looking to get an ez dollar,so it brings out the worse in people on both sides sad to say its costing our sport dearly.

Old 09-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Arkyriderone no hard feelings. I understand your concern. The Refinery I work in has a RR drill that comes in. I talk to the guys that work the drill and they have told me the horror stories. I just got offended because I spend all of my free time with my kids and I felt I was being classified as a parent that didn't care about his kids.....The internet can be funny that way, misunderstandings and such.

Also, everything that you guys take for granted, shooting, riding, etc...in my state has been outlawed, overregulated, taxed, and basically ruined. I'm kind of senative about my freedoms, could ya tell? LOL

Heck, I built our trailer myself from 4" stock and Northern Supply parts just so I can trailer my kids and our quads to Pennsylvania, to see what the real America looks like [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NJ RR Tracks WARNING