Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

state forest in Mass.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 09:11 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default state forest in Mass.

I have been to Pittsfield and Oct. mountain. I would like to take the kids out to toland this weekend. I have heard that the police dont bother you if the bike fits the kid. I have a 9 year old on a predator 90 and a 7 year old on a honda xr70 dirtbike. Does anyone think I will have a problem or did anyone have a problem riding with there kids?

Please let me know.
Bob

Old 10-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer

not sure on the kids still working on getting the rest of the family bikes. But make sure you stay off the roads got stopped a couple weeks ago cutting down an old road in the middle of nowhere up there by the DEP. just made us turn around. Also there is a new club starting in Spfld. with land in Southwick and I believe wilbraham. I believ their called Newengland Atv Riders Club.

Old 10-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Range Rover

You guys are lucky your state lets you ride in the parks, i don't know whats wrong with NY, supply some nice trails and they can make tons of money. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

nah.
MA sucks when it comes to riding.
i think its really stupid that we pay sales tax on these machines and the state of mass doesnt give us any areas to ride in southeastern MA. There tons of places to ride but also alot of EP.
If anybody has a good place to ride in southern Ma, let me know

thanks

Old 10-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Range Rover

Yeah, Mass. does kinda suck, there is only one real legal place in the eastern part of the state (Georgtown/Rowley State Forrest) to ride and that get old real quick. I suppose that's why it's only $20 a year to register a machine.

Old 10-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]Man you guys are complaning try Connecticut out. You have to pay sales tax then your supposed to register and insure, but it is illegal to ride anywhere except your own property. We have great trails in the state forest away from everything and you sill can't ride. The horse people can let there anamiles crap every where and erode the trails, but we can't ride.

Old 10-13-2004, 05:47 AM
Pro Rider

Just think, the future of riding in western mass is in trouble. Just think, we could soon be like these other states with no legal places to ride! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

As for the kids, they don't bother you if the bike fits the child and they have the necessary protective gear on.

Old 10-25-2004, 07:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I havnt been to Oct. Mountain yet, but we plan on going next week when we get the 4-quad trailer set up and registered. What is it like, Bisho12? Do you have any pictures, etc?

And yea, im new to the forums heh

Old 10-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

i dont have any pics. But when we hit Oct. mountain last year it was rough. I was also told that we picked the rockiest trail they had. Then after that one we hit some mud. We did it with a honda 400ex and my old arctic cat 250 2x4.

I would go again but i wont make it this year. No time.

Old 10-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh ok... what i seen on the mass state forest website was that there was a couple of different long trails. There a paved road trail, an unpaved trail, and a multi-use one. Which of these is for ATV's? And I didnt know there was different sections like rocky, etc. It sounds alot more fun now though. I hope they have a nice long wide open trail to ride, thats flat. Im so tired of riding in the trails around here. Yesterday a thorn vine was almost wrapped around my neck (it got half way) and nearly pulled me off the bike.

Also, is there a fee to ride there? (sorry for all the questions, but i've been looking for someone whos been to give me some info the state forest site neglected to mention)

Quick Reply: state forest in Mass.