Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

VA Hampton Roads trip to Hatfield Mccoy Oct 14th - Oct. 17th

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VA Hampton Roads trip to Hatfield Mccoy Oct 14th - Oct. 17th

Title says it all. I've rented a cabin at foxs place. It sleeps like 10 and has a full kitchen. It's on a river through Gilbert near trail 10. Direct atv access to town and the trails. Here's the website if you're interested in going.

http://foxsplace.tripod.com/

We're going after work on Thursday the 14th and coming back on Sunday the 17th. So far it's my wife and me and we're looking for others to split the cabin with. If anyone is interested email me at dalek77@***.net. If we can get another couple to go or a couple more people, it will only be about 15-20 per person per night.

Dale

Old 10-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Range Rover

We just got back from a trip there! (I wrote a ride report on www.quadcrew.com under the Hatfield McCoy section) Fox's place has a real nice location - there is even a McDonalds behind it!! You'll be maybe 1/4 mile away from the trail access - it's right up the road on the right. You'll be there right after trail fest, so be careful on the trails - they may be well worn! (but LOTS of fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ) You can ride your atv anywhere in town, just be off the streets at dark. Is this your first trip there? We go down as often as we can, there is just nothing like it.

Old 10-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Trailblazer

This is our first trip to Foxs. We've been to PInnacle Creek before and camped out, but wanted to try a new place this time. The cool thing about PInnacle Creek is you can ride 24/7 and no permit costs. We stayed here:
www.pinnaclecreekatvcampground.com
5 bucks a night for a campsite with electrical and water hookups. Had logs ready for a fire when we got there.
I can't wait to go again!

I've heard great things about foxs place and the town and the direct access with atvs is a huge plus. We plan on going again after this trip, not sure when yet. I'll check out your site!

Dale

P.S. IS allegheny forest by snowshoe in WV? I've been looking for a place near snowshoe resort to ride.

Old 10-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Range Rover

Not done the off-system Pinnacle Creek, but hear it is very cool. We will get over there sometime, I would imagine. We saw one of the trails from H/M that goes over there, but it was a 15 mile ride over.

If you are referring to the Allegheny pics in my sig, those are from Pennsylvania. They were nice trails too, not a whole lot of mileage, but still a nice change of pace. We took our daughter there, and we won't take her to WV. The only spots that were difficult at all there were at Rocky Gap. The rest of it was real easy stuff. Nice scenery - it was beautiful.

You'll have a blast in Gilbert, it is the most ATV friendly town we've ever been to. Man, Delbarton and Matewan all are too, but Gilbert is the largest town of the 4. You'll have to let us know how you liked it when you get back! (Mrs. Q)