Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Goin to Wayne this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2000, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fappleman

When you purchase a new quad or dirtbike, the dealer will get you a title for it, just like a car. If you finance, you will get a memorandum title. They mail this stuff to you and it takes about two weeks from the time of purchase. The pain in the but procedure is only for used quads/dirtbikes.

Don't count on any of this new money being spent on any new trails. I live right near the Maumee state forest riding area in Northwest Ohio. I called and complained about the quality of the trails and the fact that there is only 5 miles of trails for the number of riders there on any given weekend. I got the same old answer of no money for trail maintenance or new trails. What a bunch of BS. We have been going down to Monday Creek in the Wayne National Forest and I plan on heading up to Michigan next year. I might as well give them my money, at least they will do something with it.

Old 09-02-2000, 02:30 PM
Range Rover

Hey Quadfather its been awhile. I think you can count me and the yellow ex in on the 15th as for now. We have to get intouch with eachother before then to finalize things. Talk to you later. I will be sending you an email for yahoo, its free and then we can talk anytime without all this snailmail. c-ya

Old 09-02-2000, 09:23 PM
Range Rover

QuadFather.
I plan on going to Wayne when you go.
I would of met you last wayne trip with extreme. But we didnt come there till Sat afternoon. IM sure Jute will be going also

Old 09-03-2000, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Lucis, I think we did meet. You were with another dude with an EX, right? All are welcome, but we stay at the other campground, Scott's place, the facilities are 10X nicer, and the ground is flat with plenty of shade trees. Only downside is the mile and a half road ride to the trailhead, but it's well worth it. A couple of us will be getting there at around noon on Friday, Sept 15th. I will be in a black Toyota with a cap on it.

Old 09-11-2000, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

11 of us went to Wayne for the first time Labor Day weekend & had a blast!!!! We liked it so much that we are pulling our 40' camper down there for the rest of the riding season!!!

Thanks for the directions, Steve...they were great!

We are going back down to William's this weekend (9/15-9/17)....weather is spose to be low 60's & sunny for daytime highs. See ya on the trails

Old 09-12-2000, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

My buddy and I are going to Monday creek this weekend (Sept 16 + 17). We will most likely be staying at Williams. I will be riding my wifes trail boss (Magnum needs a new tire) and he will be on a Honda 200x. Hopefully the trails are in good shape. The trails were a little rutted the last time we were there. Have a safe weekend.

Old 09-12-2000, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Wow.. alot of Wayne riders on this board... I spend ALOT of time up there. We had about 30 people up there over memorial day and labor day weekends this year. We always camp somewhere on Dorr Run loop. I will say the trails are in need of some tree clearing and rut fixing, but that place is always a BLAST! I really wish I could go this weekend but we already have other plans..

Old 09-12-2000, 08:58 PM
Range Rover

We did W.N.F. for the first time this past weekend (9/10) and I must say that we loved it!!!! We had 4 other veteran trail guides to show us around. We parked at Williams and did the New Straitsville loop and then hit the Main Corridor to Monday creek/Snake Hollow. What a blast!!! Planning on going back in a few weeks to do it all again.
The trails were rutted...but we didn't care. We usually go to Perry County.....big improvement!!!

Did any of you guys see us???...we had 2 dirt bikes, 2 utility quads(Recon & Foreman) and 2 400EX's(one red, one yellow) between us.

What a GREAT time we had!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2000, 02:05 AM
Range Rover

Hey give me directions and ill be up there.I live down in Jackson,Ohio.If ya can give me the directions ill be up there gettin crazy on my 2000 Warrior.Blue and White.

Old 09-13-2000, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

Swain

Unfortunately, I will not be at Wayne this weekend. My riding buddy cannot get off work so we have delayed our trip. From looking at a map, it should be easy for you to get to Monday Creek. I think you could take SR 93 north to State Rt 33. Head west toward Athens. Just prior to getting to Nelsonville, you will see signs for Dorr Run parking area. We have always stayed at Williams Campground, but I think the Dorr Run parking lot is not that hard to find from the signs. Check the Wayne National Forest Website for a map of all of the parking areas. Hope this Helps.

Quick Reply: Goin to Wayne this weekend!