Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Goin to Wayne this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2000, 01:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody wanna go to Wayne National Forest near Ironton this weekend to ride?

Old 08-30-2000, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

I've got approximately 25-30 riders going down on the 15th. Everyone is welcome. Riders vary from 13 yr olds on utility quads, to 30 yr olds on Sport bikes, to 55 yr olds on utilities. We did it in May and had a gas. The trails were extremely rutted then, but I heard they "manicured" them last month.

Old 08-30-2000, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Quadfather

Are you going to Monday Creek or down to Ironton? We were down at Monday Creek last weekend and the trails were in rough shape, especially the Main Corridor. They had alot of trees down on the Main Corridor near the New straitsville loop that looked like it had kept the park rangers pretty busy. Looked like a tornado had went through. I did see a lot of stone piles along the trails that looked like they were getting ready to fix some trails.

Old 08-30-2000, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

We will be going to the Monday Creek area.

Old 08-30-2000, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Quadfather

The main corridor is in rough shape. There was a mudhole that was about 2 1/2 foot deep in the middle of the trail. A lot of ruts also. It was pretty wet last weekend, so we did a lot of mudding. Dorr Run was in pretty good shape, though.

P.S. Are you going with the Ohio ATV Association? I know they were having a ride down there that weekend and were staying at Williams.

Old 08-31-2000, 01:09 AM
Range Rover

Im goin down by Ironton.Where is is the other one located exactly?You ever come down here?Yeah this one was a mess last week too big ol mud holes and stuff!So let me know will ya thanks?

Old 08-31-2000, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

Swain

The Athens riding area (Monday Creek) is located around the Nelsonville area. I have never made it down to the Ironton area. That is about another hour drive for us northern folks.

Old 08-31-2000, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer

Why didn't anybody tell me! I live in Columbus, OH and I just went to renew my state sticker. They now require ATV and dirtbikes to have titles. So I go to the title office, and they tell me before I get a title I had to get it inspected! All these are great ideas to reduce theft but this is the first I found out about any of this and it came as a big shock!!!!

Old 08-31-2000, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

fappleman

I just posted a reply to a similar poster in the Polaris forum. Here is what I know.

1. The law took affect in June 1999. In the BMV offices, they usually have a pamplet that explains the new laws. These laws were kind of sneeked in my the state lawmakers. I do not mind having a title for theft reasons, but they also get to collect taxes on used sales now.

2. The titling procedure is not all that hard or expensive, just a pain. You have to take the quad to a new car dealer or the BMV and have a VIN inspection done. Costs about $1.50 at the BMV. Good way to waste an hour of your life. You then take the VIN inspection and your proof of purchase documents to the title burueu to get your title. Then you can proceed to the BMV to get the registration sticker. Send me an email if you bought your quad used and i will explain the best procedure for getting a used quad titled.

3. If you want to ride this weekend and can not get the title process completed, you can get a temporary tag at the BMV. Again, you may need some sort of purchase documents. You can ride in the Wayne National Forest with this temp tag.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-31-2000, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you for the quick reply..... do you know if they give you a title when you buy a new ATV or dirtbike or do you have to do the same thing? Its a pain in the butt, but I had a Quad stolen and anything to help reduce the crime I am for. If they are getting all this money in Ohio for these things its time to Open some new riding areas. The poor people in Cleveland and up north have to drive all the way to Wayne or Perry to have a big riding area.............

Quick Reply: Goin to Wayne this weekend!