Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Goin to Wayne this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2000, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me and the crew of guys have been able to get down there 2 times this year and loved it. I belive camp ohio is a better choice to camp at. But bring all the water u need since they dont offer you any.

Old 09-14-2000, 01:55 AM
Range Rover

Kewl i can find it no prob.Thanx for the info.I had maps but i lost them.Let me know next time you all go up there.The more the merrier is what i say.Email me and i will give ya my # that way next time ya can give me a holla!
swain@zoomnet.net

Old 09-18-2000, 02:15 PM
Range Rover

I finally made it up to the W.N.F. up by Nelsonville.It was sweeet.I was by myself so i didnt go explorin too far but what i seen was awesome.Some pretty challengin' trails.I was on the Dorr Runn trail or Dorr Runn loop.Where is the Monday Creek or The New Straitsville loop?
About how many miles of trails are there?Thanx.
Well have to get together and a bunch of us go up there one weekend.

Old 09-19-2000, 01:52 AM
Range Rover

Whats the address for the W.N.F. website?
thanx alot!

Old 09-22-2000, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

I have a map of the trails.....Monday creek, New Straitsville loop, Main Corridor trails...
Do you have one or would you like me to scan you mine??
If you go north on SR595 from Nelsonville.....you can get to the New St.ville loop and the Main Corridor loop.. that takes you to Monday Creek/Snake Hollow intersection.
The N.S. loop is about 12+ miles.
The Main corridor trail is about 18+/- miles to the Snake Hollow/Monday Creek area.(we had to turn around but you can keep going and going...)
THAT is some great riding!!!
I e-mailed you the WNF link too.
There are a bunch of us heading back Oct. 8th. ALWAYS more welcome. We meet at the Williams campground off SR595.

Old 09-22-2000, 10:24 PM
Range Rover

Kewl thanx for the info.I will print the maps out but thanx anyhow.I think ill be able to make it up there around that time.How many people from here gonna head up there and what yall ridin'?
Ill be drivin a beat up black dodge dakota pickup with a sweet azz blue and white 2001 Warrior.Where is the Williams campground at?You guys camp overnight there?Do you have to make reservations or anything.Maybe me and my buddies will bring a tent and camp also.Well thanx again for the info.
Ride hard or don't ride at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2000, 11:02 PM
Range Rover

Swain...the trail maps are not on the web site...I sent you some in e-mail.
We drive a big black Ford f250 4x4 w/ 2 chrome "fox" stickers on the back window. Coshocton plates.
Our quads are 2 400EX's...one red, one yellow.
Right now, we have 6-8 other people going.
Williams campground is off SR 595. Coming from the south, go about 5 miles up 595 and the turn off is on the right hand side on TR 28(or 26...numbers too damn small to read). There is a sign...but you can really only see it coming from the north...Dumb if you ask me. The other guys we ride with have camped there...we haven't yet. All I know is that it is $2 to park your truck for the day. Not sure about camping fees,etc... sorry.
Any more I can help you with ... say so!!

Who else will be around the trails Oct. 8th???????

Later..

Old 09-26-2000, 06:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Quadfather:

It would be worth your time and travel (2 more Hrs.) to come on to Hatfield/McCoy trails in Mingo County or Logan County WV. This trail system is opening on Oct. 9 and will be real close to 300 miles of trails that are just awesome. Three different loops, three trail heads. Different types of terrian, and some more and some most diffucult trails for those who like it "hot." Only 2 extra hrs. driving and it is well worth it.

K.A. Simpson
AKA Big Daddy Trail Boss

Old 10-04-2000, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

Let me know if you guys go riding again later this year! We will join you as well. Can't join you on Oct 8th, as we're meeting family at Badlands in Attica (our first time there). If you doing any other rides later this year, please post, or send me an email (bobshawjr@netscape.net), and we'll join ya!

Old 10-04-2000, 01:12 PM
Range Rover

You got it Bob!!!

I think some of the other guys we ride with might be going down the 14th/15th of this month. Rob and I can't make it. They are pretty cool fellas....let me know if you are interested and I can hook you up with them in e-mail!!!

Quick Reply: Goin to Wayne this weekend!