Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Genoa Nebraska Pics Wanted!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genoa Nebraska Pics Wanted!!!!!

I am looking for pics from the riding area at Genoa Nebraska if anyone has some can you please post them? Thanks alot!

Old 10-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Range Rover

Hmmm. Quadrookie what info do you have about an area in Genoa, thats not to far away from me. Always looking for new areas

Old 10-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Range Rover

Well, I am told there is a 3000 acre park of 99% sand with some nice trails and huge dragstrip there. I think it is called Headworks riding area or something to that effect. I have seen a few pics on predator owners dot com, but were mainly all drag pics--wanting more variety of pics to see if its worth my 5 hour drive since I dont really care to dragrace that much.

Old 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Ime not sure its 3000 acers but I dont know for sure. I have heard that it is a neat place to ride but have never made it out. Im not even sure where its at. I live 1 hour north of Sioux City. Where is Milo? I have been told this sand area is not real far from here. I would be up to heading out and checking it out if it pans out to be worth it.

Old 10-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Range Rover

It is in central Nebraska, about 2.5 hours west of omaha. Milo is 10 miles south of Indianola, or 20 miles south of Des Moines. I would imagine if you went on a weekend of a big event it would prolly be fun. But as little publicity as it gets, I bet on an ordinary weekend its nothin to write home about, but thats just a guess. Only way to find out I guess is to head that way.

Old 10-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Ya I found Genoa on a map after I posted that. I think it would only be around 2.5-3 hours for me. My wife said it sounds like fun so I may have to head out there one of these weekends and find it. The only problem is that between work and other plans I wont be able to make it for at least 3 weeks. I hope the weather holds off that long.

Old 10-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, I am barely scraping by trying to save cash for shiocks, nerfs, etc for my KFX so it will prolly be next spring at least before I get a chance to go. Plus having surgery in December so I'll be out til at least the first of Feb anyway. If you go, take some pics and let me know how it is.

Trending Topics

Old 02-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

Scott get Tony talked into going. Im going to LS with some guys at work May 5-8 and we were thinking about going to headworks before we go there. Im trying to get more info on headworks and NOHV sent a reply back saying that they only give out info to members. Which is a crock because I want to know if I even want to go there before I pay a 25 dollar membership. I'll let you know what I find out.

Old 02-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Range Rover

Hey Bob, how ya been? I have mentioned it to Tony a few times, and we were actually planning a trip to LS the middle of March, but he had to cancel for something I forgot why. But, I think I could maybe swing a trip to Ne. There are some guys from Iowa that go there and post about it on pre d atorow ners . co m and they love it there. Theres not really any hills, but tons of trails and a dragstrip. Ill work on Tony, in the mean time I will be busy preparing for the iatvhss.

Old 02-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys I've been to Headworks. It's about 1200 acres of sand and semi wooded trails. No real dunes or anything like that but nice area to ride in. You can find more info at nohva.com They also have atv jamborres in spring and one in fall. A $25 dollar membership fee is dirt cheap when you consider what you get for your money, their are also 3 more riding areas in Nebraska that are NOHVA member riding only! They also send newsletters to warn you of upcoming park closures, as I found out the first time I drove 4 hours to a closed headworks park. Think it over, people are always complaing about having no place to ride, is spending $25 a year worse then having no place to ride?????? The park is located about 3 miles west of GENOA and the land is owned by Loup Power Company.
P.S. I pay $245 a year to ride a 160 acre club here in S.D. $25 dollars, 1200 acres mmmmmmmmm

Quick Reply: Genoa Nebraska Pics Wanted!!!!!