Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any place to ride in southern NH or southern Maine?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any place to ride in southern NH or southern Maine?

I am looking for long trails within a 2 hour drive from Boston.We usually drive out to western MA but I think we can find good trails in Maine or New Hampshire.If anybody reading this can help me out it would be appreciated.The drive from where we live to western MA is approx: 180 miles one way( we live close to Cape Cod)That makes for a long ride home especially after riding all day!
thanks....

Old 10-31-2004, 08:53 AM
Range Rover

i have heard of trails in the sanford area. someone told me that the trail are near the airport. i actually haven't riden them so i don't know where they are exactly or how good they are. i usually go riding in limington or standish. i have also gone up to agusta and rangely once and enjoyed those rides. the limington trails go all over. next week i'm actually heading out to mass for a ride. i can not remember where my friend is taking me.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, spiffinmaine, this spring me and some guys from ramchargercentral.com are taking our Dodges to Rangely for some wompin'......is it as good as some people say? I've never been there.

My brother lives in Sanford, but I have never been on the trails downthere but I heard they're awesome.

There's quite a few people from Maine on here, so eventually you might get a good answer, but it seems so they all hide from this particular forum....

By the way, I live in Old Town and do my riding up in Lincoln.....

Old 11-03-2004, 08:08 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the replies,Sanford is approx: a 2 hour drive from my house.I think I have been out that way before but it's been a few years.We used to park near a military training area that is no longer in use, does that sound familiar?

Old 11-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Range Rover

the trails i went on in rangley both started at the yamaha place on rt4. you park in their lot and go. the trails range from mud to rock to wide open logging trails. i'm hopeing to go up again with some friends that have thier own quads. i had fun riding double with my girlfreind but i think it could have been a little easier at times. both trails that we went on are a straight shot, they go out and come back. the trail that goes to stratton and back had some off shoots but we didnt go down any.

Old 11-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Range Rover

i believe the old military base is in limington. i go there alot. watch out they have put up some gates to keep trucks out. i think they might be trying to clean up all the trash.

Old 11-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Range Rover

Is Limington close to Sanford airport? or within maybe 5 miles of it? if I remember correctly,that airport is used by the Bush family when they visit Kennebunkport.When we went riding out that way years ago,Airforce 1 was parked on the tarmac.

Old 12-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Range Rover

hey guys,
im from maine, and honestly, theres places to ride, but alot of laws. Its getting really strick up here when it comes to what you can and cant do on wheelers. but we might as well injoy it before people try to outlaw it... mindy