Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone Rochester NY or wyane county New York???

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Rochester NY or wyane county New York???

i run a pro circuit t4i . i love it ..its more of a top end pipe . it fits where i ride. hmf carbon .. its ok i like the sound, its a toned down t4i . you wont **** off the neigbhors so much . power wise its a good one . i run harescrambles so i want to be loud . it helps when some one knows your behind them . lets see from here to pa 8 hours from my ny home to erie area more like 3 hours . from here (nc) to ky about 5 hours .. if your coming south to ride you need to go run the hattfield mc coy trail system.. thats the only area i know of thats about 1200 miles ... those trails are great .. you need to know it takes a day a loop a loop is about 70 miles and meny of them run you through towns (yes you ride down main street ) its great . pull right in to the gas stations fill up and do a burn out on your way out . for mods i have pipe jets air box mods , k&n,i90 rims , ac pro peg nerf bars, dg baja grab bar , rev box ,13 to 1 i live in mooreville NC home of Nascar , so all i run is 110 sunoco , it makes a great differance if you tune for it . i run one of 3 sets of tires , 1 kenda klaws for the mud and roads . hole shot HD's for racing, and 18x11x8's turf tamers for flat track .. i also run a lowering kit full time in the back . and part time in the front (flat track ) up coming mods will be steering dampener, custom get the hell out of my way bumper, a set of dirt slicks , and what ever else looks good at the time . most of my problems have been tuning everything .

Old 03-17-2005, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

LBracing what is your suggestions for mine? .... gas i have always run 93oct best i can get is like 104 do i have to do anychanges to run 104 will it hurt anything ..... idont race for know the most i wanna put in the mchn is 1500.00

Old 03-18-2005, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

keep it simple !!!!!!!
buy it all at once ..
for trails ..... a pro circuit t4 dont let any one talk you in to a 789 they are junk . hmf does make a good pipe though i wouldnt spend the extra on the carbon fiber one though . buy a jet kit . this is very important. i also run a K&N it is just nice and easy to clean plus it flows well . with a K&N you will need a airbox adapter. so look for one or just improvise . remove air box cover and tune . try black magic racing for a full kit and a good price for this stuff. this will run you abour 700-900 $....
with the extra money id buy a set of rear rims and tires reduce your tire hight to gain more bottom end . so id buy a set of holeshot HD's some thing like 20x11x9 id also pic up a set of baja bead lock rims .. possibly a steering dampner.. that just depends on how you ride and for how long .. i wouldnt buy all 4 tires its just a waste unless yours are bald .. remember the faster you go the better protection you need . i run a good chest protector , its saved my a s s a bunch of times . I like Nerf bars if you get those buy them with heel guards , if you dont they just look dumb on your quad .. plus the mud wont build up as bad on them . hope this helps

Old 03-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Trailblazer

yeah thanx! .... steering dampner, not familier is it less vibraition on handle bars?

Old 03-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

LB wth airbox off will i run into trble riding when its wet or dusty? how does the t4 hit low mid and upper and how much are they? thanx for all the help!

Old 03-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Trailblazer

the t4 is like 350 $ give or take .

hell dont worry about the cover ... once offf youll notice such a huge diffrence .. . if you havent done this allready your missing out big time ... remove your exhaust baffle and your air box cover .. it is a unbeleavible diffrence .. to get the baffle out grab it with a vise grip. your going to have to pull hard . its sticky in there .. as far as the air box cover . none of the pro's will ever use a cover , it just resticts the air flow so greatly . you wont get any thing in your air box unless you get in to water over your seat , but basic splashes wont hurt a thing .. you will notice you will have to clean the filter more , but its well worth it .. the stearnign dampener will reduce the quick shakes in the bars . if you ride for a long time its well worth it .. the t4 is a mid to high range pipe . i ride in the mid range through trails so it works great for me . the low range isn bad at all but not quite what other exhaust will give ya . to get the best of both worlds change tire size (basicly gear ratio) and you will be just fine dont go out and buy gears untill you have messed with tire size. tires are a better buy then gears .

Old 03-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: LBracing
the t4 is like 350 $ give or take .

hell dont worry about the cover ....
OK, I have to jump in here with personal experience. LB, I like all your advice. Animal Mother, did you go up to Majestic this past weekend? Tell me about it. I'm going within the next month. Maybe hit up the Hamburg quarry/brickyard with you guys soon. Loved that place, if only because it is close. AM, did you get your name from Full Metal Jacket? Great movie

Any way, the experience. You were going to Majestic. 2 years ago, I was running my old Blaster with the lid off cause otherwise it was rich. Went on a 4x4 trail, hit a deep mud hole that splashed up into my airbox, and I drowned it out. Nothing like being in the woods of Majestic in total darkness, no idea where you are, with a broken down quad. We were the last people on the trail we later found out. We rode out 2-up on the 300ex. The fact that quad made it says a lot for Honda.

We went with this lid after that

lid

Old 03-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Trailblazer

i agree if your going to go mud running in deep water you have to worry about it .. if your not in deep water id throw mine out .. the blaster does have a diffrent cover on its box too . when the seat is on the 450 it is mostly sealed let put it this way . as long as your not running through water over 2 feet at a slow pace . you should never have a problem . if your running a blaster or 450 through puddles deeper than 2 feet you need to reevaluate you choice in quads . your basic running through mud holes you will never get water in the air box .

wow i thinkn i just repeated my self a few times ..... sorry ..

Old 03-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Range Rover

Yep, LB, or you stay off the trails marked "4x4 only" when you have a Blaster, which I didn't. I'll say one thing, although I didn't think it at the time, I got a lot of mileage out of that story, LOL!!!!

Old 03-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

thnx LB going riding tmrw will take the lid and arrester out and see how it goes .... i did go to majestic after awile of riding switched to my buddys spear kodiak 450 .... got stuck alot going up the hills the snow was that heavy thick stuff had fun though met the guys up there did not ride much wth them went 4x4 in the bck wood went off trail and thought we where done for the 4x4 wld not make it bck up so we kept going down was jst about dark and i found away out thru this creek and up this side of a road had to go about 5 mile down the road bck to the entrance ..... glad i found a way out of there!

Quick Reply: Anyone Rochester NY or wyane county New York???