Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone Rochester NY or wyane county New York???

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Rochester NY or wyane county New York???

Lyons lets 2wd ATV's ride there. They discourage them from riding all of the trails early in the season because it is too wet.

Old 05-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Intruder1 has dirbikes, which they don't allow at Whispering Pines due to the local government out there. That is really to bad as it is a nice place to ride. Your best bet really seems to be give Trailpass a shot, they have a few places within 2 hours of Rochester. I think you guys would have fun down at Pine Hill ATV park in Cohocton. Don't know if they allow DB's though. You should try Rocky Roost also. PM me, maybe we could pick a day and hook up. I have enough room for a couple of bikes if you need transportation.

Old 05-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

hay scooter,
thinking about going this saturday,
to Rocky Roost, i have my trusty chevy truck so im good on the transport
but never been there.

what do you ride?

i just aquired a 2004 osaka xr200r, cheap honda knock-off.
my son has a 90cc pantara sandcat nt..

email me at nova_laker@hotmail.com
let me know.

Old 05-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

hey scooter did you end up going down to majestic for their dice run a couple weeks ago? a bunch of us went and we had a good time we just wished that there was a little more mud, the mx track was fun though my new KQ really impressed me and how was pine hill it's only about 2 miles from my house if that, and i've never been there

Old 05-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Hillraider, I didn't make that Poker run, but I have tried a few places since then. Pine Hill is OK. Personally, I think the 20+miles of estimated trails are more like 10 or so. If you have Trailpass, you get a free day there, then $5 off. Otherwise it is $20. It is worth checking out if you live right there. They do have some STEEP sections. I also went to Whispering Pines in Lyons. Great place. They have a Poker Run May 7th. There is at least one 60yard mud hole you will not make it through until things dry up. I liked it enough that we are going to try and go back there next Tuesday.

Old 05-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer

can you fill me in more about whispering pines .. i see you ride a 450 were the trails good for it ? was it technical or wide open . steeps. i know you said mud ... thanks

Old 05-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Range Rover

Looking at W Pines on the Trailpass web-site, it kind of looks wide open. They mention deep mud pits on trails. Can 2WD quads bypass these? Geez it looks like they have a lot of extra charges over and above membership: parking, inspection, and towing. I see they have problems with the local people too

Anyone ever been to Longmeadows in Chautauqua county, or Cuba

Old 05-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Hey yall! Whispering Pines was great. I paid $10(inspection) for the day w/ Trailpass, my brother paid $35 for a daypass and inspection. The inspection was no big deal, really. There is a 96dB limit though, I don't know how strict they are on that as we both are running stock exhaust on the 450's right now. Charlie(the guy running the place) said my fee woulld only be $5/day the rest of the season. That isn't bad at all as it is a good place to ride. There are a lot of wide open trails, but a good selection of semi technical woods trails also. Only one big mud hole I saw, and it was easily bypassed, although I did get stuck in it for about 15 minutes right off the bat. We ended up riding with a couple of Honda 4x4s, and one guy did get stuck pretty good and ALMOST needed that tow. Had to daisychain a couple of tow ropes to get him out of the thigh high slop. My brother had already buried his YFZ just 10feet short of where the Honda got stuck, but they are so light we just lifted it out by hand.

I am thinking of doing Majestic on a Saturday this month, spending the night, then hitting Cuba on the way back. Longmeadow is also on my to ride next list, anyone interested?

Old 05-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Trailblazer

wow ok ..... 96db thats a tough one to make with a built 450 . what rpm do they take the test at ? im sure im over 100db's at 10,000. pro circuit t4i doesnt offer a whole lot of sound restriction. I could probly make it pass for about a 2 min test . (a little duct tape and some cotton. ) hows the clearance over stuff like rocks and stumps ?

Old 05-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Maybe since I have the stock exhaust, I never really got sound checked. Since they have had a struggle with zoning and such, I don't think you would be doing WP any favors by rippin' it up with a loud exhaust. Lots of big ruts in the low spots and muddy areas. Also a few places where they have small logs across the trail(for erosion control?) I was banging my skid off a few things. On the other hand my bro didn't wreck anything with just the stock swingarm skids in place.

Quick Reply: Anyone Rochester NY or wyane county New York???