Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone Rochester NY or wyane county New York???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Rochester NY or wyane county New York???

31 towards newark . just befor you get to newark . is port gibson take the bridge on your left once on the other side you will see a trail head just park near there and take the trail that goes east . palmers pit is about 2 miles down that trail ..

Old 08-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

well i just bought 22.41 acors in marion ny
should close by the end of the month..

about 5 acors of woods, the reat is good riding terrain..

after i close on the house if anyone wants to help build a MX - ATV corse that would be cool..

Old 08-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LBracing, is that area near Port Gibson legal to ride on? Is it private land and if so, do you know who to talk to to get permission to ride? Rumors have it that os a decent place to ride.

Old 08-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Trailblazer

its a real good place to ride .. part is private part is public . problem being is its not marked . basicly if you stay near the canal its public. if you stray from that its private. the monster gravel pit i have never heard of any one being asked to leave , but the small MX pit ive heard of people being thrown out , mostly due to stupidity. My suggestion is when you go there have a NY legal quad . the port giboson trail connects you to Hogback Hill , which also has some great trails . the main trail is about 15 miles long and theres probly about 30 miles of trails off the main trail . I enjoyed it because some sections were so technical that i would just keep going over and over them . theres a lot of high speed trails and a bunch of good hill climbs. some of the tight sections will have you hanging your wheels over a 5' drop in to the canal . off camber trails , at one time there was a small MX section, i think that was turned in to whoops . best time to ride there is during the week , NO ONE IS AROUND. if you ride on the weekend just watch for on coming traffic. let me know how it goes

Old 08-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Range Rover

I live on floodman, the road like 1/10 of a mile from the port gibson trails, we ride there almost every other day and we can get some people together and ride some time, just post when. I can get to the trail from my backyard. Me and my brothers all have quads and none are legal, should I say registered and we havent been caught once, we've never encountered a cop or anything, the bridge is being rebuilt right now and they kind of ruined some trails for a bicycle trail but we rip that upp when the workers arent there, just like 5 mile of gravil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Theres a detour and some real sweet sand pits that are for serious people like verticle wall ride and stuff, We just ride down the public road all the time, noone cares unless you rip and go into 5-6 gear loud as a monster truck.

Old 08-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Trailblazer

those trails are great .. vertical walls ?? I think thats an understatement if its vertical for more than 25 foot its just a wall .. lol .... ive been up one of them , thought it was all over , none the less it was fun .

Old 08-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Range Rover

oh, Im not talking in the trails, Im talking about the sand pits down the road, there are 2 sandpits, a good size and they have crazy jumps and hill climbs and eights.

Old 06-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

is port gibson still a good place to ride? anyone riding this weekend?

Old 06-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i went to port gibson on Sunday but couldn't find the trails.

all i found was a short path (1-2 miles) at 31 & 7 just over the one way bridge that goes over the water. at the end of the path was a road. in the middle of the path was a gravel area that led to someone's farm.

i saw no old railroad trails.

can someone give me detailed directions?

thanks,

Scooby

Old 06-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer

take 31 till you get to the port gibsom intersection , insted of going towards town turn and go across the bridge .(park on the right hand side ) the trails go each way back across the rd toward macedon and hogback hill . as well as the other way towrds newark and the big gravel pits . you have to be looking for the trails that take you to the pits and hogback hill . but both of those trails are worth slowing down to find. if you head towardt hogback there are some great tight trails all over as well as some highspeed stuff. if you cant find the trail to hogback head west till you get to the bridge then head north .... another fun spot off the east trail is Palmers pit to get there go to the top of the ridge on the western most ridge take the farm rd to the main RD take a left on to the rd till you hit the stop sign then go right , palmers pit is on the right . its more of a motocross pit with a huge table top and aa bunch of other little jumps . good luck ..

Quick Reply: Anyone Rochester NY or wyane county New York???