Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Caution WNY

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caution WNY

Just got a ticket this weekend for riding on snowmobile trails/crossing on railroad tracks on a 45 deg. day.

What a bunch of bull NY state.

The trails were closed for snowmobilers because we had a nice little warm front so why can't us ATVers go out and have some fun. Well after we got our tickets I figured we had a free pass for the day. HAHA. What a great day thanks to the "DEC".

Just a warning for you western NY riders. The cops are starting to crack down on riding on the railroad beds. Its the only ticket that my buddy and I got. It will be interesting to see what this will cost us. I heard that it could be a total of 150 bucks but no more.

We were near Evengola state park cruzin a section of the railroad bed to get back to my buddies house and out of no where, behind a stainless steal box, jumps out a "DEC" cop. I was doing about 50 mph and almost took the guy out. That would have taught him a lesson. You should have seen the look on his face when my p700 was all locked up coming straight at him. Wish I had the guts to keep on going. After throwing out a few jokes they became a little more easy going. But what a bunch of bull.

While they were checking our registration they ended up catching another 3 people for riding.

Have any of you WNYers have the same problems?

Would love to hear what you guys think about this one.

Well thanks for listening........I feel a little better now........

Old 02-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Range Rover
Default Caution WNY

OK, let me vent now too. The Erie County Sherriff's are on a citation mission. More ticket revenue saves their jobs! Every day they were stopping people at Chestnut Ridge. Got to the point where I told the guy, "Damn, I've been stopped by you 5 times in 2 weeks, don't you know me by now?" Last year I was cited, had reg, ins, and a park permit. Get this..........failure to produce your ATV safety certificate when you claim you have certification. If I hadn't said yes to his question, I would not have gotten cited. You don't need cert, but if you say you are cert'd, you better have proof. Talk about "F'd" up!!! Had to blow a whole night waiting in court, where the judge dismissed it, and said he had more important things to worry about

The EC Sherriff's don't like aftermarket loud pipes either, another warning to everyone

There was a sled that got hit on the NS tracks in Alden a week or 2 ago. The guy bailed just before impact. RR cops have been out because of this. I've seen the NS RR cops before in Hamburg near Pleasant Avenue. That's right near where you got busted

Old 02-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default Caution WNY

Where abouts do you ride locally? I’ve been riding in West Seneca behind the delta sonic on ridge and up to South Park and haven’t had any problems on the tracks up there.

I also ride up in Hamburg at the quarry. Lots of mud. However, I just got busted on the tracks as stated before near Lakeview. Guess I will stay in the quarry. I have been riding from West Seneca to Hamburg but I think I’m going to try to stay off the active tracks near the ford plant and tralier to my buddies in Hamburg.

I haven’t had a chance to get the park yet. Maybe they will have the budget figured out by the time we get another snowfall. What is the riding like at the park. Where do you get the park permit from?

Old 02-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default Caution WNY