Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

wolf pen gap

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wolf pen gap

I was thinking about taking a trip with some friends to wold pen gap.
Does anyone have any suggestion on a place to stay. There will be 5-7 of us.

How is the wheeling there we all have 4x4 quads?

Any suggestions on stuff to do. trail we need to do.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default wolf pen gap

Hey RedKing

Me and about 6 guys from from station are going up to WPG the 25th & 26th of this month. We are staying at the Wolf Pen campground. They have some lodges and some small A-frame shacks with just beds and heat/ac. Never been there before but heard alot about it so maybe I can fill you in when we get back.

Old 02-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default wolf pen gap

I have been checking around and some one over at High lifter told me the wolf pen gap camp ground is not connected to the trail system said basicly they where using the name to foul people. I do not know if its true. check the high lifter forum for the post.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wolf pen gap

There was a group who rode about a month ago outside of Wolf Pen.....they said the trails are ALOT better outside of the park. I will try to get with a guy who lead the group. Yall want any Okie's coming along?

Old 02-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default wolf pen gap

Hey Okiedude..come on along if you want...we are not veteran trail riders, this will be our first ride as a group so may be alittle different that you're use to, but you are certainly welcome. We will be arriving at the Wolf Pen Gap campground around 10ish the morning of the Fri 25th and will be riding that day then back to the campground (cabins 1 & 2) for the night. Don't figure we'll get out real early Sat morning, but plan on riding Sat then heading home that afternoon. We are a group of firemen age range early 30s to mid 40s and will have a couple of youngens with us, but you are more than welcome to come along. We hope to make a few more rides in the future so maybe you have some good ideals.

p.s.---you ever had any problems with your '01 sp500 creeping at an idle?

Old 02-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default wolf pen gap

lol....matter of fact...mine is creeping now. I have a heelclicker kit in it, so I thought that it might be that. I work with a fireman and know several here in town....

Old 02-09-2005, 01:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default wolf pen gap

my dad has a '01 sp500 that is about to drive us crazy. i've been reading all the post on here to see if we need to do something different. the only thing we haven't done is check the center distance between shafts, so guess that's next. do you like the heelclicker?

Old 02-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default wolf pen gap

I like it in my 500, but cant tell a difference on my 700. I also have a Dayco belt on my 500. I think it "hooks" up better than stock.

Old 02-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default wolf pen gap

Well i hope we can get his working right...he's bout ready to run it off in lake or something..lol...plus he bought a Bomb outlander max xt a few months ago and loves it...so that really don't help the situation..lol....well take care and come on down the 25th or 26th if you'd like.
later

Old 02-20-2005, 03:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default wolf pen gap

wolf pen gap is a great place to ride. I have a group of guys that i go with two or three times a year we always camp out in tents. lots of plces for tent camping (free). they have three locations at the park to unload 4wheelers and trail maps at each location.......
have a great time, be safe, and take care of the trails

Quick Reply: wolf pen gap