Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

SE pennsylvania riders, where to ride??

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE pennsylvania riders, where to ride??

Where you located twistedturbo?

Old 05-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

About 45-50 minutes north west of philly or 15 minutes North of Pottstown

Old 05-30-2005, 12:25 AM
Trailblazer

Paragon is about 3 1/2 hours from Philly.Gotta have a flag and I think proof of insurance.

Old 05-30-2005, 02:13 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: lastcall102
Paragon is about 3 1/2 hours from Philly.Gotta have a flag and I think proof of insurance.
maybe if your driving a 67 VW bug with a 3,000lb trailor....j/k. Paragon is only 1.5-2hrs from philly at the most. I just went up there last weekend and it took me about hour and 45 to get ther and 1.5 hrs back. I took my dirt bike tho. If you have a quad, you do need a flag but you can purchase one there for $5 or $10. You dont need to show ATV insurance or anything, you just have to sign some liability paper work. Since it is privately owned and operated insurance proof is not required I believe.

Old 06-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Trailblazer

Last fall, I heard about and actually managed to find a small area in Phila (in the city) where about 50 people were riding ATVs, dirtbikes, minibikes, and street bikes. This was unexpected. There was a police officer sitting in his patroll car monitoring the whole thing. The riding wasn't much better than down by the airport. But it started me wondering if there are other places like this around the city. If you know of any, feel free to email me. I can also provide directions to this place thought I'm not sure if its still open or not.

About Paragon v.s. Chartsworth NJORVP, its just about the clearest difference in the world:

Chatsworth is setup entirely for Sports quads and motocross bikes with loops, tracks, and jumps. They have one woodsey trail which takes all of 15 minutes to complete. Once you have completed that 1-way loop you might decide to go 'round again... or go home. On the other hand, it can get so crowded there you may have to wait just to get in. If you're really only interested in trail riding, this place is a big disappointment.

Paragon is primarily setup for utility quads. It was ALL rocks! I thought Tower City was bad but Paragon is ROCK CITY. If you really want to test your skill at rock climbing, Paragon is for you. If you own a sport quad, well, you might be able to handle the parking area. Just kidding. But I don't get what someone was saying about it being big. Its not that big. I will grant that they made better use of their space than tower city but there trails are all in a fairly confined area. Its impossible to get more than a couple of miles from the parking lot.

I love Tower City because I think it has the best mix of everything. There's long straight-aways that I've hit my top speed on, and rocky trails that wanted to shake my teeth loose. The place is big enough you feel like you're actually going somewhere. It has incredible hill climbs that I would never touch! And some great twisted trails through the woods. There mud too but my favorite part is riding on the old railroad beds. They stretch for miles and are very scenic.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Range Rover

Paragon is rocky in areas but its not bad, you say TC is less rocky and I say it is more rocky that Paragon. As for the trail system, we rode for over and hour straight and ended up 17 miles out from the parking area. We rode for a constant 4hrs before and after lunch and didnt cross over one trail we were previously on. It just all depends if you know where go. I hear people complain all the time about rocks or its not big enough and the truth is, its because they stuck to one area while riding which was close to the parking area that way they didnt get lost. The trails are there, rocks and regular, you have to willing to go deep into the trail system. This weekend i think i saw more 450r's and yfz quads than the 4x4's types.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry to dissagree, but I think your mistaken. I'm not saying they dont have alot of trails. You can ride all day and rack up alot of miles there. But the entire area is laid out in such a way that you never get more than 5 miles from the parking lot. My point is that you really aren't going that far. Thats all. I went to the far end of the park. Its about 5 miles from the lot. Just look at their map and check the scale. Its really obvious.

Maybe you found some trails that left their property entirely. That is certainly possible. I don't ever stick in just one corner. Those who ride with me know me as the human GPS becuase I have never yet been lost on a trail.

As to which is more rocky, that's debateable. But there's not a trail at Tower City I couldn't handle. On the other hand, I thought Paragon was so lumpy, I have no desire to go back there ever. I'll leave it to the jeeps!