Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Lake George New York

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lake George New York

I would like to get some feed back about the trails in Lake George. I have heard that you can buy a permit and have some good rides up there. I live in Dutchess County and the only legal riding is on tracks and small parcels of land.

Old 04-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ed,

There are several trail heads near Lake George, all very good riding. One trail is located right in Lake George. It's about 20 miles long, with good intermediate riding. There's also some great riding about 15 min north in Stony Creek. Lot's of trails (possibly over 60 miles). In the fall, we have a huge poker run and mud bog event in near there. You're invited to join us - take a look at our event:
www.powersportsrally.com

See you on the trails,
Chris

Old 04-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a place in Pottersville and will attend this Rally. Thanks alot for the information and web site. Also where abouts in Stony Creek? I plan on being in the area the start of May and I'm thinking about bringing my ride.
Thanks again

Old 04-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

For the Powersports Rally, we will have specific routes mapped out, but we're first putting the finishing touches on the big poker run, and opening some great new trails, so I don't have any specific trails for you yet. You might try TrailPass.com, but I just looked and didn't see any info on the Stony Creek trails yet. They may add this to their site soon, so I would keep an eye out.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Zappa,

Correction, there is stony creek info online TrailPass. You can find it here: http://northeast.trailpass.com/trail_lakegeorge.php. I tripped across this because the Powersports Rally is considering using this trail system for one of our rides.

Hope that helps.

Old 05-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm from Massachusetts. Taking a trip the end of July to Lake George. I'm not familiar with any of the trails out there and I hate to leave home with out my Quad. I heard that NY honors out of state registrations and was wondering if this was true. And I was wondering how I could get some info on the trails that way. We all are riding an assortment of Quads including, A couple Yamaha Grizzly 660's, A Susuki Ozark, a Yamaha YFZ450, and one of my friends has a dirtbike (YZF426). Do the dirtbikes run different trails or registrations? Any information would be greatly appreciated [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

Public ATV trails in NY are scarce, mostly because NY state keeps closing trails... There is a good, growing network of private trails in NY, that require a pass to ride on (TrailPass.com). Around Lake George, there are 3 trail systems, with a total of 60-80 miles of riding. If you're interested in the TrailPass pass, let me know and we can sell you one, and mail it to you.

Regarding coming from MA to NY, and what registrations/insurance you'll need, take a look at the NY DMV website for info: http://www.nysdmv.com/broch/c29.htm

Good luck!

Old 05-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would be interested in buying a trail pass. Does every person that is riding need to buy one also?

Old 05-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

Every quad/bike will need one, not every person. So if you're riding two up, you'll only need one pass. And the pass stays with the quad, so if your buddy borrows your quad, he doesn't need to have his own pass. It lasts for 1 year plus an additional month, no matter when you bought it. And it works on all the TrailPass areas in the east coast.

TrailPass members also get a discount at the Northeast Powersports Rally.

It's a good deal, which is why they are growing like crazy. Drop me an email at info@powersportsrally.com and I'll answer any questions you have as well as UPS you a pass.

Regards,
Chris

Old 07-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

One more thing: On some of the trail systems, you can also buy a day pass. I don't know if the price is the same everywhere, but at West Mountain, the price is $25. If you decide to buy an annual TrailPass pass, your $25 will count toward the purchase.

Quick Reply: Lake George New York