Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

So what the latest on WELLSVILLE Ohio?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what the latest on WELLSVILLE?????

I have been driving through wellsville for 6 years for work and have since been looking for a new riding spot. I have never ridden down there at all and I have heard lots of terrible stories from people who do go there, things like getting run out, careless riders and rail buggys/trucks that create problems. Also see alot was going on a few years ago from the post I searched through on here. I really want to ride there and check it out, but whats the latest news? People still getting tickets? Did they ever solve "hillbillys" murder? I am in Medina Ohio about 2 hours away, maybe if someone is going riding there anytime soon we can hook up and show me around a little. Thanks everyone!
One more thing, I hear that there has been alot of theft there as well, still true?

Old 04-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Range Rover
Default So what the latest on WELLSVILLE Ohio?????

Great place to ride,if you've been there before.There are two places that I know of where you can safely park.Forbidden zone campground and oak tree sportsman club.These are campgrounds that are on the outskirts of the wellsville riding area.Cost..10 bucks for the day.

You have to be carefull of buggys and trucks,but they usually ride the buggy trail(wider).Those hillclimbs are the knarliest hills I've ever seen.If you think your a good rider,try Wellsville,it will really humble you.

If you ride it "ALL" and make it out without a scratch,you can consider yourself pro level.

Don't ride it alone and try to go with someone who's been there before first.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey me and my buddys go every summer almost ever week its actually pretty nice and the truck guys and buggy guys are pretty respectful its a great place to ride

Old 05-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

hi there, been riding wellsville off and on since 96, great place to ride,anything to ride from tame to wild, its a blast, have friends down there that have camping at forbiddenzone, usually ride on saturdays, never had anything messed with personally, fun times and party if your into it, later, 500horider

Old 05-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

http://www.myspace.com/forbiddenzoneatv

Here is place to check out Forbidden Zone.

Phone: 740-219-9448
Email: forbiddenzoneatvcampground@yahoo.com
Alt. Email: forbiddenzoneatvcampground@comcast.net

The park is open 24hrs a day 365 days a year. It is a ride at your own risk environment. Areas include creek beds, smooth hills, rough rocky hills, and some very hairy hills. The area has been ridden for 20+ years and never organized so the number and length of trails is still undetermined, you could honestly ride the park for several weekends a not see the same thing twice.

Otherwise known as Wellsville, Yellow creek, and the Pitts. Riding is open to Trucks, Jeeps, Buggies, Quads, and Motorcycles.

We have extreme off roading, day riding, weekend camping, and yearly camping. Please call for the yearly camping information. The campground is located close to the Ohio River in Eastern Ohio. 30 miles from Pittsburgh Pa. 35 miles south of Youngstown Ohio,and 20 miles north of Steubenville Ohio.

Price: $8.00 per person per day
$20.00 per person for 3 day weekend

Directions: Take Ohio route 7, 1 mile south of Wellsville, Ohio. which is 5 miles north of Toronto, Ohio. Take the 213 roadside rest exit and continue on 213 for about 3 miles to Hammondsville Oh. At the bottom of a small hill coming into town make a right onto twp road 306 (Dry Run Road) the entrance is about a mile on the right.

Or call the number listed to get directions from where ever you may be coming from.