Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

no trails in NH

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no trails in NH

i live in newhampshire and there are no trails here. about 5/10 people around here have atv;s imo. i wanted to start a club or somthin so we could make more trails and all that but im only 15. no time to do this. there are some places. like railroad tracks(but only during the winter, and snowmobilers give u dirty looks CAUSE they dont read the signs) but thatrs all there is. there are a few parks but there real small and u have to trailer ur atv there. i was looking at our NH site and they saw this proposal for some atv thing where there cold be more trails. it said this would start in like 2010 or somthing but its better than nothing. so if any1 has any ideas or something or w/e thanks for the help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default no trails in NH

You didn't say what part of NH you're in but I'm guessing the southern part. I hear a lot of frustration with the rapid development of new housing and business there. Even with the state trying to make new trails, there just isn't much suitable land left for trails in that part of NH. That means you'll have to trailer your machine to do any real riding (just like sleds have to go were there's snow).

Your post is titled "No trails in NH" but NH has some excellent trails and some really great clubs to ride with. You can start with NHATV club www.nhatv.com . They have a good website with links to other clubs in NH. There are also a couple of forums like this that are for New England only and people from around the region get together to try different trails every weekend (after mud season of course).

I'm gald to see you have a mature attitude about the sport. Riding with a club is the best way to enjoy it. There are a lot of people that don't care and ride where they shouldn't . They are giving the rest of us a black eye. Stick with doing the right thing, avoid the rebels and you'll be able to enjoy the sport for the rest of your life.

Old 04-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default no trails in NH

It's tough nowadyas since they're really craking down on ATV's. It's amazing what a bad name we have in NH. Now we're only supposed to ride in areas that are posted "Four wheeled vehicles allowed". Like we'll ever find any of them! I mainly ride in middle NH and the riding up there is less and less every year. Sooner or later, we'll have to go to Northern Maine just to ride!