Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Marysvale Utah

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marysvale Utah

I have heard a lot of good things about Marysvale Utah. I understand it is the best place for a base camp. Good food and easy access to the trails. Did I get good information? Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Marysvale Utah

Members from Quadcrew.com are going in Aug. i believe our base camp is in that vicinity. good spot

Old 05-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Marysvale Utah

We camped at the KOA in Richfield last year and rode out from there. But one day we did trailer down to Marysvale and took off. Went across the range above the tree line and got into a small flurry in mid August. 11,400 ft according to my GPS. It is a neat ride most everywhere.

We have a big 5th wheel and pulled a trailer with our ATV behind that. At 60 ft in total length, a roomy campground was a necessity. Marysvale campgrounds were not quit as nice IMHO as the one in Richfield. Plus Richfield is better suited for supplies etc.

But the trails out of Marysvale are every bit as fun as the others so if you don't need the space or conveniences, Marysvale would work fine.

Old 07-01-2005, 04:38 AM
No Ruts, No Glory
Default Marysvale Utah

I concur that there's not a lot of room for big rigs in Marysvale. The Marysvale Motel 4 U should be avoided at all costs (if it's even still in business) but there's a nice breakfast place in town, and the outfitter across the street will sometimes have a running ATV to rent. It is a good central place to make a base camp, but bring everything you need if you stay there

By far, Richfield has the better accomodations with hotels, restaurants, bike shops, even Walmart. Last September I spent 5 days riding out of there without crossing the same trails to much. (Trail 66 is a butt-buster...for big boys only) it was nice having a hot tub and pool at the end of the day.
If you are adventurous there are several bunkhouses in the smaller towns that accomodate riding groups if you want to get way off from "base camp"

If you go in September, be sure to go the week BEFORE the ATV jamboree, unless you like eating a LOT of dust and dealing with a LOT of helmetless fools

Old 07-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default Marysvale Utah

How do you find out which towns along the trail have the bunk houses and even some showers? We are planning a trip in September between all of the ATV Jamborees in the area. We would rather use a base camp as little as possible so we can see more places and ride the same trails less. Thanks for the info.

Old 07-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Marysvale Utah

I agree that Richfield would be the better place to base camp or to jump onto the trails. We were out there from Wisconsin roughly 3 years ago. Did most all the Paiute trail system, what a trip. Can't wait to do it again. We rode and camped along the trail when we tired. Found a nice spot above Annabelle, not far from Richfield, to camp on evening. Next morning we continued on our way and found the top of trail 66 and proceeded decending. Top section pretty timid, but that changed on the way towards the bottom. Great spots to try your skill. Would like to try from the bottom up next time........that would be a hoot! Went way above the treeline, all the way to 11955 ft according to my GPS. Saw two Mountain Sheep. Temps at the lower elevations were in the 90's. way up near 12000 ft temps in the 40's. Wherever you go out there, you will be greatly satisfied (IMO). Best of luck to ya, wish I was going with ya!!

Old 07-07-2005, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Marysvale Utah

SDWolverine

Try this Link

I think you can have all your questions answered

Old 07-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default Marysvale Utah

Thanks for the link.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Marysvale Utah

I was in Marysvale from June 16-20. This was my second year out there. We camped a few miles outside of town and did day rides from camp. We averaged 80 miles a day but one day did well over 100 miles. I agree that you should bring the bulk of the things you need with you to camp. We would stop in town after our day ride at Tugg's convenience store and get ice, beer, pop, topped off the fuel, etc. before we went back to camp. You can access trails in every direction from Marysvale. Here's another good link Marysvale Info. I would highly recommend buying the National Geographic Paiute ATV Trail map. It rates the different trails from easy to difficult and gives you trail numbers. Marysvale is small but the people are very friendly. I HIGHLY recommend it. Click on this link to view some pictures from my trip. I can't wait to go back when there's less snow at the higher elevations!

Old 07-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default Marysvale Utah

New2ATV

How long did it take you to get to the Richfield or Marysville area? I also live in Sioux Falls and was trying to figure the best route and time to leave.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Marysvale Utah