Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Oregon Coast ATV riding and Jet skiing???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon Coast ATV riding and Jet skiing???

Just wanted to update. We had a great time at Winchester Bay, the dunes were awesome. The only problem is now it's costing me more money. I realized my daughter has outgrown her LT80 so I bought her a Honda 300ex 2000 this week. It needs a little TLC but it's a good quad, especially for $1500.

Winchester Bay was a little foggy while we were there and made Jet skiing a little interesting and cool, no wet suit for me. Burrrr. Jumping the waves was awesome, kind of like jumping the dunes. LOL

Thanks again for all the suggestions on where to stay.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Glad you had fun. My bud and I just got our sand-tires, and he changed his clutch spring to an EPI Orange (whoa! - we clocked it @ 52.3mph on a 'very' short stretch of pavement) - full results to come after we return from Sand Lake.

On a side note - does anyone know if you can ride ATV's on the beach @ Long Beach, Washington? It is just across the border from Astoria, OR - I know they have vehicle access, wondered about quads for some longer speed-runs.

Thanks,
Rynosity

Old 08-28-2005, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Not in Washington, it has to be a licensed vehicle with plates and tabs. Yeah I know it doesn’t make since but there are a lot of cops out there watching.

I have to say I have had fun down on the coast in my Dodge Stealth RT TT. More than once I have been driving along and had some guy in his lifted jeep or truck with huge mud tires on telling me to stop and I don’t want to go that way because the sand gets to soft and I will get stuck. I say thank you and then ask if they want to race down through it. They look at me like I’m crazy but say sure. We pull up into the soft stuff, punch it and I watch them fall behind FAST. hehehe You have to love AWD with meety fat tires. Most of those guys with 4x4 are not true AWD and I can get out quicker. It's just fun watching trucks and jeeps who get stuck in the sand or better yet the snow and cant make it up hills in the winter and I just fly by them also. I do have a special set of studded snow tires I only take out under heavy conditions but it's fun driving on the ice like nobodies business and have great control.

How did I get from sand to icd??? Ahh, it was those last 3 beers. LOL