Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Oregon Coast ATV riding and Jet skiing???

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon Coast ATV riding and Jet skiing???

I have a few days off next week. I want to take my daughter to Oregon for some riding sand dunes and jet skiing in the ocean. Where would be the best location in Oregon and I'm coming from Seattle so the more North the better.

Thanks

Old 08-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Range Rover

We have a group heading to Florence on Wed This week through Sun. We are staying at Frontierland. Tell them your looking for Temporaryinsandity, or go to our site to see more at temporaryinsandity.com
Pat

Old 08-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Not sure where you can go to get the dune riding AND jet skiing in the ocean.
I have been to all the dune areas in Oregon and the only thing I've ever seen in the ocean down there are fishing boats.
Any launch areas for would be a ways from the ocean, across river bars that could be dangerous.
I would suggest going to Florence and jet ski in Lake Woahink at the state park

Old 08-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Riding in the lakes is boring, I prefer riding in the ocean. I have tons of lakes around my place so it's not worth trailering unless I'm going to do some real playing. The suggestions are appreciated. BTW I will be going wherever Aug 16 - 21st

Old 08-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

go to sand lake ...our friends launch their skis right off the beach ....just air down your tires and drive out on the sand....the quad riding is ok but can get boring ...for a weekend its great and if you jet ski you can strech out the fun ...about a four hour drive from tacoma

Old 08-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

If you go to Sand Lake, you can ride ATV's there. You can also ride jetski's there, but much better surf and launching is done a few miles down the road from Sand Lake at Cape Kiwanda in Pacific City. There is a boat launch ramp there and a jetty to ride out to the surf. For me, launching directly out into the surf is a bit more work. Id rather use a boat ramp, IMO. Enjoy.

STANDUPS RULE!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sand Lake is closer - but very crowded for ATV's. Not the best choice for a weekend, but weekdays o.k.

Old 08-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

I think I am going to just wing it and drive to Florence. It will be during the week so I wont have to worry about it being to crowded and there is nothing special going on the week of Aug 16th - 21st so it should be no problem finding a place to stay I would think.

I'm looking for a place I can get a room and ride to the sand. Hopefully there will be a boat launch near by also for the jet ski. Any more suggestions?

I also need paddle tires for my daughters LT80. I will probably go with Skat Tracs from what I have heard. I'm not sure if I should order them or just buy some while I'm there...??

I agree, stand-ups rule and my first one was a 1976 440. I still have a 650sx but also have a fat boy ski (2person Seadoo) so I can take my daughter out riding with me.

If you look at my page you can see one of my ocean pictures from a few years ago.

Old 08-14-2005, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

No more suggestions? Yes I'm still winging it so to speak but suggestions are always appreciated. How about suggestions of places not to stay? That would be helpful also. I really don’t want to stay at any hotels where there are known issues all the time.

Old 08-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

OK I made plans [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I have a friend who stayed in Winchester Bay at Discovery Point Resort. The accommodations look ok (cabin) and he said the dunes are right there, no ridding down roads or long trails. He said the first dune hill is Banshee hill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] sounds fun. Anyone else stay there? I will be there Tuesday - Friday so if anyone wants to stop by and say hey please do. I think I'm in cabin 6. We will have one Raptor 660 and Suzuki lt80, driving a white Dodge Dakota pulling one sit down and one stand up jet ski.

Quick Reply: Oregon Coast ATV riding and Jet skiing???