Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Wolf Pen Gap Arkansas.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolf Pen Gap Arkansas.

Blue hole file is too large to place on My Page.

I can email it to you.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

last thing i knew, the blue hole was off limits thanks to the (enviromental ? )people.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

Road is open. Went in April. Met up with about 50 atvs. The rangers could have had a field day with us. I hope your info is wrong. I like the blue hole.
There are some good trails coming down the back side of the blue hole. Steep and tight.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Range Rover

I ride up at White Rock (Cass area) almost every other weekend. That's about the only place to ride around here if you want to ride in the forest. There are a few others but none of them compare to White Rock. Most of the trails go back and forth across the Mulberry River and creeks. So if you like to go swimming or playing in the water, it works out great. You can ride all day and never ride the same trail twice. It's easy to put 60 miles on your atv in a day up there. Too bad the U.S. Forestry is wanting to close it down to rec. riders.

Old 09-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

I hear that alot of the problems are with people trying to ride down stream and not just cross streams.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Range Rover

The Game Warden told me that they want to make the area just for hunters. I guess thats so they can pull in more revenue. They don't make any money off the recreation riders up there. Their excuse is that they say the atv's are eroding the whole mountains away, which is rediculous. Those trails that the hunters use wouldn't even be there if it were not for the atv's. I've been up there alot and it isn't the atv's causing the problems, it's the 4x4 trucks and jeeps coming in there and hammering the mud holes.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Range Rover

Well, how much you wanna bet they will let the hunters ride there quads there during deer season...

Old 09-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Trailblazer

I talked to the Fed Auth. in April at Albert Pike. They drive the lime green Dodge Powerwagon. He made a comment that the mobile Meth Labs and poachers are the BIG problem in the Ouachita and Ozark N.F. This was after he caught me with a beer walkin to the crapper. You can't drink out of the camp site. FYI

Old 03-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer

Hey ReliableSources, we just returned from WPG last week. We stayed at the Wolf Pen Gap campground for 4 days and it was a great place, except for the old bridge, we learned to take the low water crossing.

This is a great place to ride, within WPG trails, and outside in the Ouachita forest. The trail map was not very accurate as they have closed some trails and opened new ones. My Scrambler 500 rolled two times on my first attempt up Hawks Overlook. The next two times were OK.

After leaving WPG, we spent a couple nights in Mill Creek near Cass, Arkansas. This is good, but I like WPG better. Mill Creek has some great scenery, but very little trail markings. My GPS came in very handy when we had to find our way back home.

ReliableSources, can you send me any Waypoints you have of WPG area? I know you have Garmin, and I have Magellan. Can you export your tracks and waypoint to Microsoft Excel? My buddy has a Garmin and after I upload my waypoints, I can export the file to Excel and give it to him for input to his Garmin.

Anyway, whatever you can send would be great, even if it is a Garmin Mapsource file. I think I can get someone to get the coordinates downloaded for me.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

Sure thing on the waypoints. Teriyaki