Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Northern Va riding areas _ manassas

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern Va riding areas _ manassas

hey......I apreciate the thought blackkawi and I think I might be able to get there with one of my buddys that has a dirtbike.....Ill try to set somthing up for the weekend and get back to everyone who is available for this weekend? It would be nice to have a buch of people out together in case there are any problems.....

Old 09-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer

A majority of the land you are referring to is owned by a realty group in Vienna and the rest is owned by MCI and a couple of other investment groups. This is according to the Loudoun County tax maps. I live in Ashburn nearby, but have not ridden there. If you guys ride it-post your findings.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Good to know, I wonder how hard it would be to get formal permission from all of them to ride there. It is undeveloped and somewhat useless. I would much rather have permission then get in trouble. We need to make up a new Offroad Club. People tend to side better with clubs and we could state that we would ensure the area stays clean, minimal ecological disturbance will be made, etc.... Also I would pay $20 a month to ride somewhere cool. And that is incentive to let people ride as it obviously isnt making a dime now. I havent been there, but from what I hear it isnt too bad. I just hate to ride on another persons property without permission.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm down for that. I am always looking for a place to ride.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do not go Taskers gap!!!! That place suuuuuuuuuuucks!!!!! Never have i been so dissapointed with a day of riding then that mean joke of a ohv park.....

Old 02-22-2014, 03:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

alright I'm feeling nice.... I got a big bad *** trail system in woodbridge I'll tell y'all about...don't every body go there at once, don't want to ruin it.. butttt their soon guna develop the whole fn area and ruin everything so eff em..
cherry hill Rd woodbridge va,left on CHR,go the whole way to the train tracks, u can park on left b4 the tracks,trail entrance is is kinda across the road from said parking,there's a restruant across the RR tracks by the water to the left(it can be a busy area be incognito) there is I beach across the RR tracks to the right ( follow the tracks,hit the off trails to the water). Prince William County is NOT ATV friendly!!!! some trails lead to homes!! turn around when u come up on someone's back yard!!! ...

I am very interested in a NoVa off road club....but it seem like pretty soon there won't even be a point. all my sweet spots are compromised

Old 05-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

i'm in the manassas area as well and am looking for a place to ride. I just got a kfx450r and am kind of a noob. I went to taskers gap and I don't know how anyone rides that place on a sport atv!! it is extremely steep and rocky and will beat you to hell. it is pretty much a 4x4 atv only riding area.

I'd love to meet some other people around here to go on trips with as all my riding has been solo so far. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'd like to make a trip out to west virginia first week in june. someone told me the outlaw trails in wv are pretty good. I'm kind of scared of going out there by myself in case i break down or something.

i'm always looking for more remote areas to ride but seems like the only thing around here would be hatfield mccoy or lost trails up in pa.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey dude ^.... Look up Cardinal Swamps on You Tube.... This is in woodbridge... I can take you on the grand tour Saturday morning.. ( I work @ 5pm)... I Kno 2 legit trail systems here in prince William county and one down rt1 in Stafford... Hmu..

Old 05-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

nice man! idk if I'll be able to make it out saturday but would love to go sometime soon. what kind of terrain is it out there?

Old 05-10-2014, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Swamps Roots hills woods.. Va terrain

Quick Reply: Northern Va riding areas _ manassas