Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Northern Va riding areas _ manassas

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern Va riding areas _ manassas

hey all....live in manassas looking for areas to ride I know of one in herndon but was hoping to find somthing a little close to home......anyone??

Old 08-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey!!

Where's the place in Herndon? I know about an area out off 28 near the Dulles General Mail Facility. Do you know of any other areas out 66? I heard there is a 10 mile trail our in Luray for just about anything from ATV's to Rock Crawling Jeeps. I'm like you, I'd like something a little closer to home. Centreville/Manassas area would work for me. Maybe Bull Run has a trail or two.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

well it is off of 606 chantilly side of 28.....is this the place you are talkin about?

Old 08-29-2005, 11:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, there's a way to get to the place I'm talking about from 606. Take 606 West from 28, then turn right on Moran road. Stay left at the fork and then down a gravel road that goes behind the General Mail Facility. I've been there once in my '93 Ranger (since donated, I miss that truck). I'm not ready to take my '04 Ranger fx4 out there yet... the new hasn't worn off enough.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

darn! I was lookin for an old truck to carry my quad around in! you know of anyone selling one?

Old 08-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

I was in Manassas Park this morning. Brown's Car on the corner of 28 and Manassas Dr. had a nice looking '01 Ranger. I also saw a full size Chevy with a for sale sign on it in a parking lot across the street from there. Check your PM's for the phone number on the Chevy.

Old 09-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

moondoggy were is the place in herndon i am from front royal and we ride taskers gap if u would want to ride sumtim hit me up wit a e-mail @ greg_thompson_05@yahoo.com

Old 09-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer

Gregg my email program apparently hasn't been configured correctly. I can write read and recieve but cant send. Been spending the afternoon reading the fix but need to spend more time on it.

Yea ride tomarrow you chose where. Call me tonight, I'll be back home later this evening.

I am going to send you a PM message. Thanks

Twizz

Old 09-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

does taskers gap cost money to ride? and where is it located?is there anywhere else in front royal?

directions to the place in herndon.....Take 606 West from 28, then turn right on Moran road. Stay left at the fork and then down a gravel road that goes behind the General Mail Facility. not shure if its private property or not so just treat it like your own land and dont trash it we should be ok....

Old 09-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Taskers Gap is north on 81 out on 66. Its pretty rocky from what I've heard. Although it IS free and has quite a few trails. I have never been but do want to go in the near future.

I went to Rocky Run this last weekend and HOLY CRAP!!! The road just to get to the damn place is 10 miles of rock crawling up the side of the mountain. This was not fun with an Expedition and 16ft trailer!! When we finally got up there, it was rocky as hell with softball sized rocks all over the place. Had I not had full skids, it might have been a very ugly situation. I don't suggest going there without a 4x4 ATV for low speed rock crawling.

I am up for riding anytime on the weekends, let me know if you guys plan on going out to that place on 28 this weekend or any other time. Moondoggy, I would like to say I have room in my trailer to haul you around too, but I really don't, what I have barely fits as it is.

BTW, the address for the Hwy 28 area at mapquest, I believe is: 22400 Lockridge Rd, Sterling, VA 20166

My email is: alexamaraye@yahoo.com

Alex

Quick Reply: Northern Va riding areas _ manassas