Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Northern Va riding areas _ manassas

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just fixed my atv tonight....i'm off work wednesday - saturday this week if your down to ride somewhere

Old 05-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by acrosstheveil
just fixed my atv tonight....i'm off work wednesday - saturday this week if your down to ride somewhere
Im getting my seat recovered right now so it will be out of commission next couple weeks. Hmu if your down to ride after that...

Old 05-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Woodbridgewarrior350
Hey dude ^.... Look up Cardinal Swamps on You Tube.... This is in woodbridge... I can take you on the grand tour Saturday morning.. ( I work @ 5pm)... I Kno 2 legit trail systems here in prince William county and one down rt1 in Stafford... Hmu..
Aren't these places private property?

Old 07-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

anyone join the offroad club in nokesville/catlett?

Old 09-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by acrosstheveil
anyone join the offroad club in nokesville/catlett?
I looked into it but ATVs are only allowed at Nokesville, not Catlett. The membership process and fees seem like its more headache than its worth.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Tasker's Gap and Peter's Mill Run are pretty close to NOVA. Most of Tasker's Gap is rocky, except for trail 553 (Tasker's Gap trail). We saw UTVs running that trail this past weekend. Its smooth enough to get some good speed on it.

Trail 433 (Peters Mill Run) isn't too bad, especially the sections close to Rt 675 and Little Fort Campground.

The rest of it can get pretty rocky, though with some very few exceptions we did just fine with our Honda Recon 250 2wd. The Rancher 4x4 crawled over everything

Just FYI; there's old info from 2005 early in this thread. These trails are not free. You are supposed to get a day pass ($5 per operator), a 3-day pass ($12 per operator), or an annual pass ($30 per operator) at a local vendor before hitting the trail.

Camping at Little Fort Campground at Fort Valley is free and has direct access to the north end of Peter's Mill Run.

The annual pass is for the riding season, which IIRC ends in January and picks up again in March. The year on your pass does not start from purchase date, so if you're going to get one this year be aware its only good til January.

Anyone been to Red Cloud Offroad Park in Woodbridge?
Red Cloud Off Road | RCOR

The trailhead appears to be at the end of one of the parking bays at the Woodbridge Prince William Pkwy commuter lot. I emailed them about their required equipment list. Since the ATV is being trailered, a full size spare is not required, but a fire extinguisher is. They said they have truck/trailer parking on-site.

I'd be interested to hear from someone that's been there; is the majority of the park ATV accessible? Are there bypasses for some of the more truck-oriented features like the rock crawls and deep mud holes?

Old 10-29-2014, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Located in Stafford down to ride whenever. I got a few places with some trails and my campgrounds but they get old after awhile. Looking for new areas to ride willing to travel to wicomico atv, hatfields,busco if we can get a group.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Samuels
Located in Stafford down to ride whenever. I got a few places with some trails and my campgrounds but they get old after awhile. Looking for new areas to ride willing to travel to wicomico atv, hatfields,busco if we can get a group.
I'm riding just about every weekend. I'm in Centreville. Taskers Gap and Peters Mill Run are the closest trails to me.

This coming weekend we'll be at South Pedlar and the weekend after (Veteran's Day weekend) I'm hoping to take a trip to Burning Rock in WV.

Hit me up if you'd like to ride. I wasn't aware of any places to ride down by Stafford. Where do you go?

Old 10-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by SManZ
I'm riding just about every weekend. I'm in Centreville. Taskers Gap and Peters Mill Run are the closest trails to me.

This coming weekend we'll be at South Pedlar and the weekend after (Veteran's Day weekend) I'm hoping to take a trip to Burning Rock in WV.

Hit me up if you'd like to ride. I wasn't aware of any places to ride down by Stafford. Where do you go?
Not sure where those are at. I normally ride on private land nothing special both spots are a few acres of trails. I love riding powerlines but with hunting season thats a no go. I ride at my campgrounds but thats more cruising around.

I ride a Raptor powerline and fast trail riding is what I enjoy. The powerlines are wide open big hills, ruts and mud if you want with trails off of it. I can go from the old powerline to the new powerline thru trails where I grew up.

Wicomica is a few miles from budds creek dragstrip and mx track. They also have a MX track and alot of trails to ride but its 45 bucks. Hatfields i defintely want to go but most of my friends sold there 4 wheelers but thats my kinda riding just not going solo.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

We hit up South Pedlar in Big Island, VA this weekend Totally different type of riding from the rocky stuff we're used to. The trails are smooth, but a lot of speed bump type things were built into the trails. It looks like they're intended to keep people's speed in check. There were some great views out there

From Centreville area its about 2:50 to get out there. Not quite a day trip destination, but I'd go again over a weekend

The annual permit for the Taskers Gap/Peters Mill Run trails is good at South Pedlar.

Quick Reply: Northern Va riding areas _ manassas