Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New ATV-er's first experience at Tug Hill in NY

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 12:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New ATV-er's first experience at Tug Hill in NY

90 to 81North there are signs for the region, not sure of the best places to go. You could probably just hit some dirt roads in the catskills and get the same thing.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx scooter! i'm hoping to get up that way one sunday soon im figuring about 7 hours of travel, but, might be worth it? anyone know of any place farther south that is SUV friendly? thanx jelo p.s. easy stuff, beginner type trails, my ride is box-stock as of now

Old 09-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

dose any one have a phone for this place or how far from nyc

Old 09-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

jelohead, it took us about 3 and a half hrs to get to tug hill from southern ulster county--i guess you could drive ur jeep their- its not true off roading, just dirt roads
crazy22, tug hill is probably 4 and a half hrs from nyc- its north of utica
nix377, we were on a real bad trail near the timberview lodge that goes to martys-real bad mud- we turned around cuz we found out a little too late that our winch wasnt exactly in perfect working order LOL
450kodman

Old 09-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

Just tossing in my two cents lol,,first off i don't think "jeeps" are known to ride up there up in tug hill except for locals going to work or home. Also here is a link that i found very useful for tug hill info,,there is a map you can buy at any stop for $6.00 and it has all trails, gas stops, food joints,,everything plainly marked and is a great tool when on the trails just to figure out where you are. www.tughillatv.com . also there is mud to ride in but you have to look for smaller trails off the main trails but be cautious also some land is posted,,be respectfull,,there are creeks to cross and some challenging rides but you have to look for them,,visit often and learn the area is my best advise,, hope to be up a couple times before the snow hits but i need to fix my quad first (pipes)

Old 09-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey guys, thanx for the insights, im a bit reluctant to drive that far hoping to find a decent ride, there HAS to be somewhere closer to dutchess county......although, i do know one person who lives about half an hour from there, my own personal guide! so, you may see the shiny black KJ up there yet! LOL eat yer hearts out!! ac, tunes, i'll be jammin! LOL jelo

Old 09-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey All! Any one of you boys (and Girls) wanna know where to ride, where to stay or where to play up in my back yard, send me an email, be glad to help ya out. Tug Hill has alot to offer...at least till they shut us down lol. With the new windmills they are throwing up here fast and furious a few trails/roads are closed for a bit....but there is ALWAYS a way around them if ya know where you are heading.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Happy riding and
stay safe![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
tishy99@frontiernet.net