Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Western Wisconsin OHV..Atv trails

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Western Wisconsin OHV..Atv trails

Hey... Wondering if anyone has ridden here or camped in this area.? We are looking at going there sometime soon.. Any info is appreciated..

Jackson County
95 miles of trail in the Black River State Forest and Jackson County Forest lands signed for spring, summer and fall off-road motorcycle and ATV use. Camping is available at county facilities (Crawford Hills) and state forest campgrounds (Pigeon Creek and Castle Mound campgrounds).

Nick

Old 09-15-2005, 07:02 AM
Trailblazer

I have ridden these trails twice now. there ok but there are better trails by medford and neilsville.

Old 09-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Trailblazer

Hey....

Thanks for the info... We are in Central Iowa... So I was guessing around a 5hr each way . So didn't want to get to far north for a weekend trip.....

Are the trails family oriented .?.. Our riding group has both quads-bikes and a 8 yr old on a bike. He is still a little small for his xr70..

Nick

Old 09-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Have ridden the trails there a few times, I like the area. Can also access the Clark county trails also. Trails range fron hardpack to pretty deep sand to puddles. Is a decent family place BUT every so often will come across a knot head (both atv & cycle) that think it is a motocross track. I believe they close October 15th. Have not stayed in any campgrounds but have stayed at the Best Western which has a campground next door that some of out group stayed in. Seemed like a nice place. Hoping to get down there for 1 more ride this year yet.
Might check out this link if you havent already. http://www.blackrivercountry.com/

Old 09-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Trailblazer

Hey... Okay thanks.. We will hopefully check it out ...

Nick

Old 09-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Range Rover

Nick..You might check the Wisconsin regulations on ATV's. I"m not sure that they allow an 8 year old to ride the public trails on his own bike. DNR does check and issue tickets for any violations around Black River Falls- Clark co/Jackson Co. area. I'm not sure what they are positively, but i think that on public trails the child has to be 11-12 years old and be accompanied by a adult in close proximity or some such thing. Just trying to save you some grief....Dean

Old 09-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Trailblazer

Hello,.,,,

Okay, some great info coming our way.... I will check on the age thing for sure... It might have to be a adult only trip the first time..

That is a big ISSUE here in Iowa... Kids can ride dirt bikes in our parks.. However not quads.. Or you have to have a DNR class or something... Not sure really.... Families have spent big money on quads and registration and cannot ride in iowa ohv parks

A guy mentioned a honest reason.. Small kids cannot ride a larger dirt bike by themselves....BUT.... a small kid can ride-drive almost any Large Atv with little effort.....

Nick

Old 09-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will also need to buy an 18 dollar trail permit sticker for each quad, they are good for a year, so you get multiple uses out of it. If you plan a trip for next spring, go all the way up to the northern tip to Iron River, great trails, access from town or camp grounds to trails, no trailering once you get there. Very nice,well marked trails, easy riding for all ages with great scenery all along the trails. You can spend a week up there and ride a different area every time, a lot of trails branch off the main loop. A 40 mile drive will put you in Bayfield, where you can ride a ferry to the Apostle Islands, well worth the trip, the cliffs and shorelines are fantastic. Its a bit farther to drive than the central area, but if you want to spend a week camping and riding, it's hard to beat the Iron River area.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done alot of riding in those two counts, it's cool. We always have a blast.. If your son rides a 90cc he will be able to ride the trails with you, but he has to stay in front of you the whole time.... I no sure if age is a issue, something to check out.. East Arbutis is a good place to camp.. you get the best of both trails at your fingertips.. It's like in the middle of both trail systems..RIDE HARD>>BE SAFE.....

Old 09-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 95wolv, can you ride the trails on atv up to the Ferry? Are there trails on the apostle islands??? Thanks, Dan.

Quick Reply: Western Wisconsin OHV..Atv trails