Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

Megan;
Sounds like fun, my wife would love to ride with you. We are new to atv riding and looking for a group to ride with. I'll check out the web site.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

Went to Paragon yesterday with some freinds. Not bad, very tactical rocky riding. I'm glad I had my utility quad! Two of the guys with us had their sport quads and could barely walk at the end of the day ;-) However, I was disappointed in the required flags for riding (mine kept falling off) and beginner trails, I didn't see many beginner trails for my wife, although, I know they must exist because children were riding. I'm going to check out the speedballs message board and see where they ride.

Piper

Old 11-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Bpipes,
They ride out of Frackville which is around the Tower City, Paragon area. Some of the stuff we did on my ride out w/ them was a little technical. I think we did a wide array of everything and was very pleased. Check out the pictures and see if you think your wife would be up for it. If so they are doing a family ride this Sunday from 8am-2:30pm out of Frackville. Speedy will gear the trip around the least experienced rider. You can get his email address off of the website. That is how I got in touch w/ him. I was sore after that ride. Wish you had ridden Tower City so we could compare. I still want to try Paragon, but keep getting such mixed reviews on it.
Anyone out there who has been to both please let us know how they compare.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer

Hi All,

I live in Anne Arundel County, and it's great to see other Marylanders here. Megan thanks for the Speedball's link. I can't wait to join you all for a ride. It looks like a blast!

My b-i-l and I ride quite a bit, and my wifes father just bought a Honda Recon over the weekend. We are taking him to Greenridge State Park this Saturday for him to get used to the bike. We went to Tower City a few weeks ago, and I loved it. We will certainly be joining TC in the spring, and even have plans of putting a permanent cabin there. :-)

I really wish we had a decent riding spot in central MD. But you guys already know what Maryland is like. There used to be a huge piece of property by my house that was an old horse farm, and for years people used to ride there. The county decided to make it a golf course, and sell the remainder of the property to developers to build homes around the golf course.

All the sales tax that is collected from residents purchasing ATV's, and the property taxes we pay. I really believe the State, or County has an obligation to provide us with a legal riding area.

I plan on buying my wife a quad in the spring, I can't wait to get her more involved. She went with us to the track in Easton several weeks ago, and she was quite impressed. She did believe me when I told her it was a family sport. When she saw all the other women and kids riding she was siked. :-)

Old 11-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Rodnreel,
Yeah it does suck that I have to drive a little over 2 hrs to ride some where legal. The fiance and I even thought of buying a big piece of land and making an ATV park however the largest parcel in Cecil County so far for sale is 59 acres and they want 1.3 million. Real Estate is insane. I will keep looking though. I'll let ya know when I find it. Have to find something that can not be subdivided that should bring the price down.

Old 11-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Trailblazer

I've been thinking the exact same thing about opening my own ATV park. If you need a partner I've got close to $17 in liquid assets as of right now. :-)

I talked to the owner of Southern MD ATV park for quite awhile about what he went thru to get his park opened. There is alot more to it than just owning the property. He sent several hundred thousand in permits, environmental studies, and a bunch of other crap the State and County put him through.

I just got an email back from Speedy, I'll be lookin forward to joining you all for a ride soon.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

You should come on this Sundays ride! It's out of Frackville PA from 8am-2:30pm. You will love it & Speedy too. He is the greatest. As for the ATV park I am in [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am a real estate agent. I work for RE/MAX Integrity in North East. I will keep an eye out for land and let you know when I find something of interest. My website is www.meganm.org You can search land listings from there as well just click on search all MD listings. Let me know if you find anything interesting.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Trailblazer

That's funny, I'm a loan officer for Champion Mortgage. I'm always playing on realtor.com looking at properties. My wife and I are considering selling our house this time next year, and we were going to look at houses just across the PA line. The next time I buy a house, ATV'ing will be a special consideration. I want no less than 10 acres, so that I can have my own track. :-)

Old 11-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Lol. Well atleast we have the realtor and loan officer picked out for our ATV park. That's a start huh? Jeff and I are thinking the same exact thing as far as our primary residence goes we want to build a house w/ some nice land and make our own tracks too. It's just that there is really NO land out there. Not in the area I want to live in anyway. I keep looking though. Oh and homesdatabase is better than realtor.com because it gets updated when Matrix (our system) does realtor.com might take a few days. The link from my website is homesdatabase.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer

Well I'm going to keep looking and dreaming about owning my own riding spot, but for now I'll have to stick with the public areas. I would like to join you all on Sunday, but since this will be my father in law's first ride on his new quad, I think we're better off starting him slow and easy. Green Ridge is a good place for him to get familiar with it, he's never ridden before this, other than putting around the yard on one of our's. :-)

Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland