Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

its right down the street i have yet to get there, but everyone tells me the trails are great at the park, its pricey thats why i havent been yet, 50 bucks for a few hours of ridin is alot lol. + it has to be over 50 degrees. but like i say noone i know is disapointed in the trails and tracks. the trails are pretty good for kids too.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Burkie did you ever find that park n ride and find the spots i was talking about? And about that atv park in southern maryland, were's it at or are you talking about buds creek in mechanicsville?

Old 01-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Range Rover

southern atv park is near budds creek my grandmother lives there and remenbers both being built, i thought that southern atv park was like $75 a pop?

Old 01-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

420- i have not had the chance to get out there yet but i will. i think i am goingto try to find somewhere to ride up near romney and get it broke in a bit for sunday.

lovin- if you buy a one pay membership for 60 bucks then it is only 30 bucks each time you ride. i think it is worth it. i paid 40 a pop to go to the landing in easton and it only has tracks which is cool but the trail thing will be more fun for the kid plus safer for me being that i think i am invincible and i clearly am not...haha.

anyone have any comments on a first time quad for the wife. she is jealous that me and the boy are getting them and she will be left in the dust..literally.. we were looking tonight and i am thinking either the raptor 350 or maybe even the suzuki z250. the sales guy kept going toward the z400 but i think that maybe too much for her. i think she may be partial to that one because there is no clutch. any thoughts would be great.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

If you are looking for a sports quad I would recommend the Honda TRX250EX. The clutch is extremely easy on that one and will help her to learn, plus it will not stall. It also has the 400's plastic. Plus she could always get it piped and jetted if it's not fast enough for her. If you were looking for utility I would recommend the Prarie 360. Plus the Wolverine is kinda a mix between sport & utility. It has a sports look, but also has 4 wheel drive which is really nice to have. Happy hunting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

I got mine the 400EX, which was her first quad. If your wife is going to get into riding, then a 250 will lose her interest when she gets better and more comfortable. A 400's power is easy to control, even for a newbie, and with the EX, there are plenty of upgrades available to keep her happy for a long time.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Trailblazer

i think the bike i have would be perfect, its a sport utility the trail boss 330, its climbs over and thru anything so far i put in front of it, its got muscle and looks. perfect for begginers.

Yea as for the ATV, its right next to Buds creek, and the prices are right as for what burkie wrote. i belive also you can ride during the week for 30 bucks too, 50 is just on the weekends.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Looks like there are a lot of MD's here! Well add one more, I live in AA county. Just got my quad in Oct, and been riding the heck out of it. I have a couple of friends that ride out in Sterling, VA on Sundays that are nice. Excelent riding, lots of trails, but if you don't like water don't go!

I will have to check some of these places that you guys are talking about out, maybe a get together or something! Roadtrip!

Wayne

Old 01-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

A 400ex would be perfect for your wife. A z400 or a kfx 400 is alot faster than the ex . The kfx is a kawisaki but it's made by suzuki. The kfx 400 and the z 400 are the same quads just different colors. But yea i would get her a z 400. She might not want a clutch now, but trust me once she gets the hang of she will love the clutch and be happy she didn't get the auto.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

well you also have to look at your or hers riding style, will she wanna hoop it up on the tracks, or tough it out on the trails [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], for track riding clutch and speed she will love, if shes a trail rider by heart, automatic and power is what will win out there. then theres 4 wheel drives too lol. another thing you can do is to head places like the ATV park in buds creek or easton and rent a variety of ATVs they have there

Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland