Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

that sounds like a pretty fair price... how is the terrain bpipes? is it really dusty coal piles and stuff like that? is there any kind of trail system? i'll have to check that out. do you know if there is a limited number of permits for 2007?

if the trails aren't that good you can always visit the yuengling brewery.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

i was driving home on old elk neck road on saturday afternoon and followed a DNR cop most the way. he drove by the elk neck rd entrance to the pits and saw some people riding in the first main pit you can see from the road. sure enough he pulled in and put and end to that.

steer clear of this area... the cops are all over it.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Trailblazer

It's hit or miss there. I have rode there twice in the last few days and not been bothered. Parked on the Shady Beach side and each ride was on a weekday. I guess the home owners are at work and not home to hear the noise and complain as they do on the weekends. I did stay away from the state forest area on the trail to Elk Neck Rd. and had no problems. There were 7 of us riding and we had a blast.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

really??? i guess it is the weekends are the main time they patrol it so closely... what time of the day are you riding during the week? i could easily ride there during the week, but i am not willing to risk getting caught again.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer

I am not going to advertise time of day to draw attention. I did ride again today for 3 1/2 hrs and didn't see another soul. Other than it being cold and had to take it a little easy it was a good ride. I went to the top of the tower a couple times and spent some time on the overlook hills. I did not run the trail to Irishtown or Elk Neck Rd. So again it seems like weekdays are semi safe and I have not had a problem yet. I think the key is to stay clear of the trail that borders the state park and the private homes.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey everyone i just got my new 07' honda trx450er i want to go out riding but hate riding alone . I live right on nottingham rd. near the marley sand pits. i use to ride back their awhile back but do to haveing a really old quad and discontinued parts have kept me from riding . i was wondering if you guys get messed with about being back their at all . i know i use to but i always rode their threw the cable trail which leads up to it . so if anyone is planning on riding anytime soon get back to me i would love to meet up with some people and ride and maybe learn of some new places that arn't 2 1/2 hours away. well thanks

p.s. i'm also looking to get my girlfriend a quad she wants a 4x4 and all that but she'll take anything to go ride so let me know if you know of anyone that has something. thanks agian

Old 05-14-2007, 06:57 AM
Pro Rider

Has anybody ever rode out by Bainbridge near Port Deposit? I found some trails and old roads to ride on back there. It use to be a naval academy. I saw some dood out there riding a 400 ex is it any of you? I also found a lil spot right over the delaware line. I'm sorry i havent posted in ages but i have been busy.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:59 AM
Pro Rider

And whoever reported me to the moderator because i said sh@* or fu*@ a few times your pathetic.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Trailblazer

I have an idea where the old bainbridge naval yard was, I think it was a job corp. after a naval yard. I was wondering if people could ride there, where do you park?

Old 05-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

Theres really no were to park. My mothers house is surrounded by the bainbridge military base so i get exclusive access. It's really not even worth riding on theres only a few old roads and trails not really to much fun. The fun part is the No Trespassing section but if you get caught i think it's a federal offense. No big deal cause its always fun to run from the cops. I went back to the no trespassing section a few months back and it its fuc&*ing huge!!!!!! I kept my quad real quiet so i wouldn't be noticed and really nobody bothered me. That place is like a ghost town looks like a nuke went off there. Theres old farm houses, old military housing evan an old hospital all still in ok shape. If you ever want to check it out let me no and i can get you some free parking.

Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland