Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

We did go. Sorry, I didn't respond yesterday, I was having a root canal done. :-( I just turned 36 last week and now I'm falling apart. But the good news is, I got a set of ALBA nerfs, Pro Taper handle bars, and Fox riding boots for my birthday. :-)

Green Ridge is a very nice place to ride. It's a 20 something mile loop, that offers some twists and turns, a rocky section (that isn't to bad), mud, and the last 1/3 of the loop is open smooth and fast. The whole thing is pretty much old fire roads. I enjoy Green Ridge, it's fun for a beginner rider, and experienced rider. After riding the loop about 3 times it does get a little old.

My b-i-l just got new tires, and he didn't have them fully beaded. About half way around on the first loop, he got a flat. So we had to leave after one trip around, which was ok. My father in law had spahgetti legs by then anyway.

You should go check it out. You have to purchase an ORV permit, which is $15 for the year, and is good at any of the State Parks.

My wife gave me a hard time all weekend about riding, my chores are starting to get backed up on me. So, I probably won't get to ride again until the Christmas break.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Rodnrell,
Sorry to hear about the root canal. Hopefully you are feeling better? Atleast you probably got some good stuff for the pain. LOL. Where exactyl is Greenridge? For some reason I am thinking it is out in Western Maryland? We have a place out at Deep Creek Lake and alot of the parks out there let you ride w/ the $15 sticker so I am familiar w/ it. They make them snow mobile trails after Dec.10th though so I guess that will have to be the next sport I take up. LOL. We rented them one time in VT and I had a blast.
Sorry to hear you only got to do one loop.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer

I went to Green Ridge once I thought it was a good place for beginners. Take care of your teeth there important :-) My wife has worked at a Dentist for 16 years. I probably won't be able to do any distant rides until after the holidays as well, too much going on for the rest of December at home and work. I did ride Marley Pits/trails last night we didn't start riding until 8 (it was cold and wet)! My buddy rolled his utility quad he was running down the hill and the quad was chasing him. If we squeeze in a Sunday at Tower Hill (Northeast) I'll let you and Megan know. The problem with Tower Hill is finding a place to park but my friends parents have a house about a mile away so we can park in front of their house, I just need to let him aware that other will be joining us.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Trailblazer

This was my first root canal, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Funny thing is my teeth were fine until I went to the dentist last week, then he started messing around, and the next thing I had a really bad tooth ache. Which lead to the root canal appointment. The pain killers certainly did help, but aren't nearly as much fun when you're actually in pain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Here's a link to Green Ridge: Green Ridge State Park

It's just past the Rocky Gap, it takes me 2 hours to get there. You would probably enjoy riding there, it is fun. Just doesn't having anything that's to challenging. It's not a place that you'd find yourself going back to every weekend, cause it would get a little boring. But certainly worth checking out.

There's another place in Gore VA, called MotoCove. If anyone ever suggest you go there, don't do it. It's the worst place I've ever been. The rocks are extreme!!! The rocky section at Tower City is nothing in comparison. I ride a sport quad, but I can't imagine that place would be any fun on a utility either.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bpipes,
We went riding yesterday afternoon/evening too. We were in North East though on the trails off of the CSX tracks. My fiance flipped his quad 2 times. Scared me half to death the first time he managed to jump out of the way and the second time he was holding it up w/ his feet. We have a friend that lives in that area so we park at his place and can get on the trails from there. I had a good time but I did get wet/muddy. I dressed accordingly though so I was not cold. I got some good pics of them doing jumps. I will attach them later.
I still want to try the pits but I knew we were going to be riding in the dark and I wanted to stick to terrain I was familiar w/.
Glad you are feeling better Rodnrell.

Old 12-10-2005, 02:24 AM
Trailblazer

Hey, kinda off topic, but while all marylanders are here, ima put it out.

2005 Suzuki z250 for sale
-blue and white
-only run on premium gas
-garage kept
-never abused
-stock
-only normal trail marks

Old 12-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Trailblazer

Megan;
I've seen two quads roll this week! We went riding again last night in Marley Pits, again, last minute thing. My buddy didn't call until 7:30 we didn't start riding until 8:30. The next time we plan on Tower Hill (Northeast) I'll send you a notice we usually plan a few days in advance for that ride. I got two rides in this week so I'm content for a few days ;-) Me and my buddy are thinking about riding West Virginia next month. Although, I really want to meet with the Frackeville group.

bpipes

Old 12-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah definetly let me know next time you go. Jeff and I would love to ride somewhere new. We are going to do Frackeville tomorrow. They just got 4-7" of snow and Speedy said I am ready for a experienced riders only ride now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Yeeeeaaaaa! I will let you know how it compares to the family rides. Bet ya I'll be sore come Monday. LOL.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

hey me and my friend r trying to find places to ride.......we live in maryland.......we will drive for bout 3-4 houras of driving........buka plz get back to me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Kasuki,

Where in Maryland do you live?

I'm in Pasadena (Anne Arundel County), and the closest legal riding spot to me is The Landing in Easton, and Southern Maryland ATV Park in Southern Maryland. Both are about a 1 hour drive.

Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland