Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cecil County Maryland

Alright well break that father in law of yours in and the wife too! Maybe you can join us on the next ride 2 weeks from now. During deer hunting season they will be alternating rides on Sundays for the experts on one Sunday and than us not so experts yet the next Sunday. I have owned my ATV for maybe 3 weeks now and I think I am doing pretty decent. Never driven one before now. I did that ride w/ the Speedballs and was able to keep up just fine. Although I also have a jet ski and ski blue and black diamonds so that may have helped some. Have some great bruises on my legs right now from crashing on the speedball trip and just as they were starting to go away I crashed on a black diamond at Wisp to add a few more. Thank god it is not summer right now because every one would think that Jeff is beating me.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

Megan;
Where is the speedball group meeting this Sunday in Frackville? I understand everyone is meeting at 8 a.m. I'm thinking about joining the ride. Although, 8 a.m. is early I would probably need to leave Elkton around 5 a.m.?

Thanks

Old 11-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bpipes,
Frackeville is according to mapquest a 2 hr and 20 min drive (something like that) That is how long it took us to get up there. I live in Fair Hill. We will be meeting at the INN-81 the old motel 6 in Frackeville. You could go up the night before and stay the night. That is what we did last time. I am not sure if we are going to do that this time or not. If not we will be leaving at 5 am as well. lol. I hate getting up early. That gives us time for a potty break and time to get the trailer unloaded. The ride starts at 8am so you want to be sitting on it warmed up and ready to roll at that time. It's a long day but it is a blast.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

LoL If any of you start a cecil county track do i get some of the stock. I did start this forum!!!!Just joking. That would be really sweet to be the first people the government designates a riding spot for. I'm glad this forum is doing so good to i thought it would be a dud but i guess there is alot of people concerned like me about cecil county's riding areas. Thank you all Plese keep the replys rolling and be safe riding.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Well we have the Cecil County drag race track and they gave the horse lovers Fair Hill so why not? It would be sweet if they would let us ride ATV's at Fair Hill.

So Bpipes do you think you are going to come this Sunday?

Old 12-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer

A riding area in Cecil County would be good, but in Anne Arundel County would be even better. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

There is an industrial area a developer wanted to purchase and bulid a NASCAR track. It was a great location, easily accesible from major roads, and not to close to residential areas. For what ever reason the county opposed it, and the people around here would have flocked to it. The revenue that could have been generated from a NASCAR track would be tremendous.

I don't understand why the Dealers don't come together and lobby State and Local governments to provide riding areas, or pull their resources and build one themselves. Sales would sky rocket if people knew they had a place to ride. Whenever I tell some someone I own a ATV, they always say "I'd like to have one, but there's no where to ride"

Megan,
How's sales going? Are you seeing much of a slow down that the media keeps predicting. I think the media wants to play to the hype that the bubble is bursting, and scare people with doom and gloom. If they aren't careful , it will become a self fulfilling prophecy. This time of the year is always a bit slower, but I bet come Spring things will still be strong.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Rodnrell,
I actually had my best year ever this year. I set a goal every year and I am already way over that goal. Basically I could take the rest of the year off but I will not. Learned my lesson by doing that before. Having alot of settlements than taking a few months off then it's like starting from scratch all over again. I am definetly slower now than I was in the Spring, but like you said it's like that every year. I had a settlement yesterday. I have one in December and from hear on out I am trying to push the rest into Jan cuz the tax man is going to love me this year. I have 2 scheduled for Jan so far. I am not going to not work but I am not really out there trying to get new work either. If it comes it comes. I just need a little break after working pretty much 7 days a week for months and months. I do have 6 listings right now. How about you?

Old 12-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Oh and back to the ATV thing. Yeah we need some lobbyists. I mean I know us Realtors have NAR and they have our back and it helps us out alot. I am really surprised someone has not done anything yet?

Old 12-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer

Things have slowed down slightly, mostly due to the holidays. And, today being the first day of the new month it's a little quiet, thankfully. I had 6 closings last week, all on the same day. So it was very crazy, and now I'm glad to have a little bit of quiet time. I have 3 loans scheduled to close in mid December, and I think I'll take off Christmas thru New Years. So I'm going to try and get everything closed early this month. :-)

I'm looking forward to some time off to relax, and hopefully get some riding time in. And hopefully no cell phone either. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have one I'm working on right now, where the guy just quit his job because he was expecting everything to go thru, and didn't think we'd verify employment, dumba$$.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

Ohhh, don't you just want to throw that cell phone onto the ground and smash it into a bunch of pieces sometimes. LOL.

Quick Reply: Cecil County Maryland