Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Sherman,Mayville,Ripley,Findley,Clymer: NY

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 07:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sherman,Mayville,Ripley,Findley,Clymer: NY

I live in Sherman, NY. I am looking for places to ride within 75 miles to these areas Sherman,Mayville,Ripley,Findley,Clymer, all of which are in NY. I dont have my two ATV's registered or insured and do not plan to do so very soon. So far I have taking my family to three places to ride, well four actually, if you count the privite property/snowmobile trails in back of our house we were kicked off of.

1. Sinclairaville- Open Meadows-25 miles away-We went here and were disappointed in the trails. There was no scenery to speak of and the trails were not trimmed. They were closed for the season but let us ride anyhow. Operated by Rails to Trails Club.

2. Hartfield/Mayville-Ride and Play-12 miles away-Privately owned. Suposely they had 80 acres. The scenery was bad. Trails were bad. It felt like we were just going in circles. 10 bucks apiece for the day.

3. Findley Lake-Off Road Adventure-15 miles away-Privately owned with over 500 acres. WE LIKED IT!! They have three new very nice cabins you can rent out. A very nice shower. Some good scenery. And the trails are well taking care of. I definitley can recommend this place. We have been there three times and had fun everytime. 35 bucks for both ATV's for the day. After 2pm its half price.

I will eventually go to Majestic Trails, but probably not till next year. In the meantime I want to discover more places to ride.

ANY MORE PLACES FOR ME TO RIDE???????

Old 10-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bump

Old 10-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: wildbillbud

2. Hartfield/Mayville-Ride and Play-12 miles away-Privately owned. Suposely they had 80 acres. The scenery was bad. Trails were bad. It felt like we were just going in circles. 10 bucks apiece for the day.

3. Findley Lake-Off Road Adventure-15 miles away-Privately owned with over 500 acres. WE LIKED IT!! They have three new very nice cabins you can rent out. A very nice shower. Some good scenery. And the trails are well taking care of. I definitley can recommend this place. We have been there three times and had fun everytime. 35 bucks for both ATV's for the day. After 2pm its half price.
Well CONGRATULATIONS WBB!!! You just did something no one else here in WNY has done by posting a couple places no one has ever mentioned before. We all basically talk about the same places I'm going to mention below here. So now at least we have 2 more spots to go to.

Go to these couple web-sites. MajesticTrails, Copperridgetrails, Trailpass. Sinclairville has a bad reputation. Majestic is really good. Copperridge has a dice run 10/29. Eldred & Duke Center, PA, and Limestone, NY fire dept's put on some nice dice runs. Not sure about Copperridge, but the others didn't require ins and reg. I'm thinking about dropping mine, especially if NYS reg goes to $50 or higher.

Search around this forum and there are a lot of threads on WNY riding. But I summed it up for you here. PA has a lot of riding in the Alleganies near you too.

So what about this Findlay Lake - Off Road Adventure? Never heard of it. Do they have a web-site, phone# or anything? Where exactly is it?

Old 10-19-2005, 01:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

The All American Off-road Adventure Club/Trails. They are privately owned and located at: 12548 Station Road, North East, Pa. 16428. They advertize some on ATV-junkie.com under clubs. Check them out you won't be sorry....I wasn't. You can call them at: (814)-725-0361. Directions: >From Erie its Westleyville exit 15 miles East on Rt.430. >From New York its I-86 to Findley Lake exit (4?) take Left to light(blinking) then take a right it's only 1 mile from exit! It's West on 430 from Findley Lake N.Y..
ATV Junkie Link

Old 10-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Range Rover

Thanks! Maybe I'll get a chance to check it out this year