Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Nebraska riding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nebraska riding?

hey, i live in lincoln, but i'm from SD. me and a friend ride at genoa(closed), nehawka, friend, platte river(when down), but thats about it. where is there to ride? i have big trailers and what not and am always looking for other riders so whats up? planning trips to kansas and other places, but where to ride close?

Old 04-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Nebraska riding?

I'm from Lincoln as well, where in Friend do you ride? I've been to Nehawka a couple of times, just a private little place to ride. It's fun for a few hours.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Nebraska riding?

a little track called fox run i think. its more technical than nehawka and better maintained. do you know any other places to ride around lincoln?

Old 04-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default Nebraska riding?

where is this nehawka place at? never heard of it, all i know of is genoa, halsey, tuttle creek, and sometimes the river

Old 04-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Nebraska riding?

its about 45 minutes east of lincoln, and the track is behind the town. gotta pay to play though.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Nebraska riding?

OBERON, I recently sold my Honda 250EX and stepped up to the new 4x4 Rancher 420, I am alway up for a road trip somewhere, I work shif work for the USAF so my schedule is always up in the air. But I am always looking to go ride somewhere new. I would love to hit South Dakota sometime this year.

Chris

Old 05-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Nebraska riding?

Does anyone know if Genoa is open yet?

Old 05-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Nebraska riding?

The area is open free to the public but we ask for a voluntary donation to NOHVA or a voluntary membership to NOHVA to pay for the restrooms ($2500 a year), garbage removal ($500 a year), insurance ($10,000 a year) and materials for trails and fences. With out voluntary memberships and donations, the area will close. The area closes from time to time, NOHVA members receive in the mail and email exact open and closed dates. Annual membership fee's are cheap, only $25 single and $30 family for at least a year. Also, NOHVA members receive our quarterly newspaper and the annual Nebraska Ride Guide. The Ride Guide features details and maps about places to ride in and near Nebraska. This area receives no funding from the state or any other government agency, only funding from voluntary memberships and donations through NOHVA and from our semi-annual Jamborees.

A bit more about NOHVA, we fund trails and OHV parks at six locations covering over 20,000 acres in Nebraska, and all open to the public. None of these areas receive funding from the state. Harlan County Reservoir receives funding from the Army Corps of Engineers and NOHVA. All of these areas exist only because of the volunteers involved with NOHVA. Please support our efforts to make Nebraska a better place to ride by voluntarily becoming a NOHVA member or sending us a donation!

Visit the NOHVA web site

Thank!
Dan Nitzel
Business Manager and Co-founder
2231 W. 10th St.
Grand Island, NE 68803
308-381-2143

Old 05-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Nebraska riding?

Delete me! Duplicate

Old 05-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Nebraska riding?

NOHVA 30th Jamboree Planned for June

The Nebraska Off Highway Vehicle Association (NOHVA) will be holding it's 30th Jamboree on Saturday June 9th and Sunday June 10th 2007 at the Headworks OHV Park near Genoa. The Jamboree is a fund raising event to help pay expenses to operate public ATV and Dirtbike parks and trails in Nebraska, and benefit local Emergency and Medical services in Nance County. The event is open to ATVs under 55 inches wide and dirtbikes. Camp grounds open Friday morning, June 8th.

For directions to the event, follow the red jamboree signs from the highway 22 and 39 intersection south of Genoa Nebraska or visit our web site.

This year's Jamboree will feature six big events for riders. Events on Saturday begin at 12 noon with a kids and adult barrel race. At 2 PM a timed trail race will begin. At 3 PM an ATV sled pull will start. At 6 PM a poker run will be held.

On Sunday, our mega sand drag race will start at 11 AM followed by our huge raffle. Riders who participate in the events must wear a helmet, shirt, and over the ankle boots.

Expected attendance is estimated to be 1000 to 1500 riders. Cost for the event varies from $15 per person to $40 per person for both days of the event including free camping. Kids under 16 are free with a parent. Riders under 19 years of age must be with a parent or must have a completed and notarized permission form to attend. See our web site for more information or call.

Complete information is available from the NOHVA web site at www.nohva.com or contact Dan Nitzel, the NOHVA Business Manager at 2231 W. 10th Street, Grand Island, NE 68803 or call 308-381-2143 and leave a message if no one answers. Email nohva@charter.net

Minor release details: Anyone under 16 is required to be with a parent at all times. Anyone who is 16, 17 or 18 years of age and plan to attend without a parent must bring a signed and notarized parent permission letter and release to be admitted. ID's may be checked for age verification. A copy of the minor permission letter and release is available on the www.nohva.com web site or call us.

Quick Reply: Nebraska riding?