Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NJORVP CLOSED!!!! during the week

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJORVP CLOSED!!!! during the week

Well here's the thing, this month my kids have two weeks off from school. We planned on going to NJORVP as much as possible. 1. to use up my last month 2. to get as much riding as possible for my kid this winter.

I check out the web site and they are closed tues, wed, thurs. All the days we ride. I work on the weekends plus the weekends are too crowded. I paid for 364 days of riding. Not to have half the year closed.

My wife just got off the phone with the manager. He basically said we were beat. He also argued that there is no way we would be coming that much and we weren't losing anything. Who the hell are they to tell me when I'm going riding and when I'm not. They said we have to go to the members meeting and take it up there. Like "We got your money so screw you"

With the cons already outweighing the pros we can add another one to the pile.

So if you are a member who likes to go when it's not crowded or when you get to, you can forget about it. If you even give a heck you can e-mail them or go to the member meeting and if you care less than this post is just a rant.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer

They apparently voted to allow pro rated refunds to those who request them both in writting and at a meeting.

Though that may sound good at the surface there is a very spitefull condition to it, like being permanantly banned and its still totally arrogant since they are refusing to actually address the complaints on what and how the closings were adopted.

Apparantly the bod there would rather see you never come back again, and ride someplace else than have to actually work with their "customer/members" and take the needs and opinions of others as part of their decision making process.

Old 11-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yea I hear you cronic thats a load of crap.
Im in toms river and was a memeber last year,was going to join again but never knew this seein how i only had opportunity to ride on weekend.
Its a shame you werent able to get your kids out!
Consistently ride with 6 to 7 guys every weekend and they are all spots with no permissionso my buddy cant take his son in fear of the chase,THIS STATE SUCKS FOR RIDING AND IM WITH YOU 100 PERCENT ON THESE DEALERS
F EM ALL.
aNYWAY YOU JUST GOT ME FIRED UP AFTER READIN YOUR POST
GOOD LUCK

Old 11-26-2005, 05:44 AM
Pro Rider

I feel your pain,Those guys that run the show there are a bunch of **** Muppet's. Douche bag john is the king of all a-holes if he is still there. I moved away from god awful NJ 4 years ago and life couldn't be better. Used to be a member, but there is so much better riding in Tom's River, Jackson and Forked River.

Old 11-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer

Is this until further notice or just for a specific period of time?

Old 11-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

WTF.Who runs things anymore the commies?Id go get a good lawyer and sue,at least to get your money back.If the by laws said u could ride all year long then you can ride all year long,its not too different then a union.We have issues at work and its in the contract an bosses try to break that an thats a big NO NO they cant. Any way I was at 1 of the cycle dealers today an there was tons of wheelers but I didnt even see 1 person lookin.Maybe its gonna take a financial crisis of epic proportions for dealerships then theyll finally do something when its 2 late.I cant beleive the prices on these things an at the same time theres no place to ride so my hard earned money might as well go buy a a R1 for a few grand more an I can ride everyday if I want.Any way good luck an enjoy the holidays.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Trailblazer

Keep your eyes open for the place the state bought in south jersey. They bought an old sand pit and about 135 acres or something like that. They plan on opening it up to the public to ride there. As far as I kow you won't have to join. I realize it'll be a haul for you guys because it'll be in the franklin twp area or monroe or something like that, but it's better than nothing. I have a couple places to ride so I won't be going there much but I'll check it out when it opens.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

135 acres?

I know beggars can't be choosers, but that would be a tiny place to ride. NJORVP is like 300 acres and you can ride the entire part in 10 minutes if you don't have any slow pokes in your way. There are quite a few places down in south jersey that would be huge and excellent off road parks. Just look at Sarco. That place is a few thousand acres of undevelopable land. Make that place a park, charge 90-100 annual for a pass like they do out in Glamis and the place would be self sufficient. Charge the out-of staters like 200 for a pass; they would line up to go play somewhere without fear of the popo.