Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Paragon or Tower City

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paragon or Tower City

this 8bees place sounds pretty nice. is it smaller than tower city? i really like that they let you pay for one day, instead of having to buy a $300 membership.

the towercity website said a guest pass is $40. it didn't say anything about them forcing a $300 membership on you next time you plan on riding there. is that really the case?? i would think they would lose a lot of business from people who might only be able to ride there two or three times a year that live a few hours away.

does this 8bees place have a phone number maybe? i can understand not having a website, but an address or phone number would make sense. it just seems kind of shady. is it all privately held land or something?

Old 03-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, it is all privatly owned land. They actually sold some of their land to paragon. they are right before paragon and have been there for generations. it is called 8 bees because there last name is Bonner and their are 8 sons. They keep it quite because all of the past problems but people come from NY and NJ they have great memorial day, 4th of july and labor day bashes. its a great time. i dont have their phone number i can get it from my dad though.
Tee

Old 03-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

i would appreciate the number if you could get it for me. thanks...

Old 03-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

Me and 8 buddies were just at tower city the other day. Its ok, not worth $40, but its not to bad. The guy at the desk is really nice. My complaint was that ALOT of the coal mines are for quads, and what trails they do have are VERY rocky and washed out. Also the trails are not marked at all, and their are TONS of dead ends and just all of a sudden lead onto illegal land or construction areas where you are not suppose to be. We spent most of the day trying to figure out where we could ride that had lots of connecting trails, and trying to get out of private land that we knew we where not suppose to be on. I ride at Michaux state Forrest and i love it, Its close to me also. LOL