Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

OK/TX Folks - Lake Murray Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK/TX Folks - Lake Murray Any good?

JGH,

Thanks for the good info on Lake Murray. The trails sound perfect for my daughter. She's can ride but is still in the nervous learning stage. nice wide trails would help reduce her fear until she gets a little more comfortable. While she's off doing that, I'll have to do my best to get in 06glide's way![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm going to try to get up there before Christmas depending on the weather. If not... it will be soon after the first of the year. It really sounds like a great place to ride and camp.

BTW... I don't follow NASCAR, so can you tell me... why do so many people hate Jeff Gordon?

Old 12-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Trailblazer

Dont get me wrong, not all the trails there are perfect. I dont know what your daughter will be riding but there are places that are either muddy, washed out or are pretty good elevation changes that require a little skill to get up and down from. My daughter is only 6 and she rides a Suzuki 50 and she can go on about 70% of the trails with minimal problems. I have to occasionaly get off and pick her quad out of a hole or keep a real close eye on her going trough certain areas but for the most part, she loves to ride in the big open area or down the long trail to the lake that has some really big whoops. I have been there before when it is hot and real sandy that her little quad just wont go due to the loose sand. I DO NOT reccomend going to the right after entering the gate without first going to scout it out on a bigger quad. Along the fence to the right is some of the rougher trails and its a little tighter and bigger ruts. When you go through the gate, go straight for a couple of hundred yards and vere to the left in the big open area and keep going south and to the left and you will run into some of the better trails and work your way back to the camping area on the east side of the riding area.These are some good trails I like. If you go throught the gate where you pay and make a straight shot south past the big open area, there are also some good trails by the lake and some big wash outs around the creek that always provide entertainment for the more skilled riders. I have a 400ex so I get pretty bored on the trails cause I like to ride faster than the trails will permit too with out running someone over but like I said before, this is the one place I do like to go to for a change of pace.

As for the Jeff Gordon thing, I have always been a Earnhardt fan so the dis-like of Gordon came natural to me. Alot of people say he came to a sport and had sucess quickly without earning it giving him the reputation of a young cocky punk kid off the street stealing wins from veteran drivers who were established legends. Just when he was turning his image around, his car owner was charged with some forgery and tax evasion charges that he later got out of so again, people just had a new excuse to hate Gordon. My personal example came in 1998 when he won a one million dollar bonus for winning a race and took all the credit saying that his crew gave him a crappy car and his driving skill did all the work that day. Needless to say, his crew quit him at the end of that year and he went through a little slump for the next two years untill he earned the respect of his crew again. People were just jealous cause he had the good looks, won races and married Miss Daytona. Over the last couple of years, I have kinda gained a little respect for him since he has been humbled some recently but the only reason I chose JeffGordonHater as my log on for here is because on all the other forums I am on, my screen name is DaleJrFan but for some reason it was already taken when I got here so I chose the total oppisite.

Old 12-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Lake Murray is a Good Place. I grew up in Ardmore and was Riding out there before they started Charging. But I like Munster alot better I can really Open my shee up on the trails there.