Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

OK/TX Folks - Lake Murray Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK/TX Folks - Lake Murray Any good?

I've heard some folks say Lake Murray is a cool place to ride. Anybody got any info, know a place online I can get info?

What kind of riding to they have? Trails? Mud?Sand? Rock?

Thanks a bunch!

Old 11-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Well if you like trail ridding its pretty good. But if you like to drag race and ride hard and fast its no good. if you like to dragrace on the sand go to St Joe texas.

Old 11-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info!

Not much on the sand scene, we like to ride on trails, mud, rocks, stuff like that. Not much on speed, just want to take my time going nowhere... and have fun doing it!

Old 12-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

06glide,

Hmmmm.... the description of your stuff seems awfully familiar. Exactly like a guy I know who's initials are JW. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I just can't quite make you out hiding under that bag.

Hey... you might have seen my post on the same subject. I'm gonna try to drag the family up to Lake Murray weekend after next (depending on weather). We'll take the motorhome and camp there in the park. I've only seen two pictures of the trail itself. Looks pretty tame, but that's perfect for the women in my life.

BTW... I did go by and see your buddy at RMS. I'm still in the shopping phase, but I'm leaning towards the Polaris right now. I waffle day by day.

ooops! Just figured out the "view profile" thing. You are JW. Mystery solved! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

bb

Old 12-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Wee *****, I saw your post...

We've been thinking about going up there to check it out as well. We've been over to Rocky Ridge, it's okay if you can avoid the dirt bikes... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I stopped in at RMS today, Mark told me you stopped by. Which Polaris you looking at? Lemme guess, the 800?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Talk to you soon I'm sure!

Old 12-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 06glide
I stopped in at RMS today, Mark told me you stopped by. Which Polaris you looking at? Lemme guess, the 800?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

No, no... nothing that big. I'm still looking in the 400 to 500cc class.

In the Polaris lineup It would be either the SP450 or the SP500 EFI. And really only the 500 cause I can get it with fuel injection, but I'm not sure that's really that important to me. Another reason for the Polaris is I can buy it from Eddy at Central Polaris in McKinney. Ed has gone to a new pricing strategy. He cuts the price to his rock bottom dollar, charges NO dealer prep, and NO freight. Seems that there's some dealer in Tennessee he kept loosing sells to, so he started pricing his ATV to match, plus maybe a couple hundred more, or about what it would cost to go to Tennessee and pick one up. I gotta tell you, it makes the whole purchase process a lot less stressful. He's also less than 2 miles from my house making service trips real easy. Eddy has always done me right. Oh ... and BTW, under this new pricing strategy he doesn't deal anymore, but based on the prices I'm seeing, he doesn't need to. Under this business model he will easily make up the difference in volume as soon as the word gets around.

Like you said... I'm sure I'll be talkin to you real soon. Maybe I'll see you up at Lake Murray.

bb

Old 12-04-2005, 02:50 AM
Trailblazer

Reading your posts I think you will both really enjoy Lake Murrey. I try to go down there every couple of months or so. That is the only place I have ever rode that I like the trails. Thay are wide and for the most part you can see around the next corner to prevent head on collisions. Unlike the rest of Oklahoma, the soil down there is nice and sandy and there is a little bit for all types of riding. The whole facility is around 2000 acres and the camping there is some one of the best I have ever seen for a atv state park. As for the weather, here in OKC, it is going to be highs in the 30's and lows in the the teens all week but I dont know about the Tex-Ok border. Where are you guys from? I was born and raised in Kemp, TX which is about 45 miles SE of Dallas and we go down there to ride all the time at various tracks around central/east TX. Good luck and have fun!

Old 12-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

JeffGordonHater (Love the name [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )

Thanks for the info on Lake Murray!

I'm only about an hour south of the OK/TX border, around Denton.

The wife and I are just looking for fun places to ride. A place we don't have to worry about dirt bikers cutting us off on hills, trails, etc...

Do you know if helmets are mandatory up there?

Old 12-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer

No, helmets are not mandatory. There isnt usually alot of dirtbikes out there but there is the occasional 15yr old on a sport quad who is acting a fool, but there is so much room out there and you cant get too lost out there. Have you ever been to munester to ride?

Old 12-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

No, we've been to Rocky Ridge, we were planning a trip to Meunster (Bulcher?) the same weekend we went to RR, but they were closed ( had races going on) We've heard it's a lot of fun up there.

Quick Reply: OK/TX Folks - Lake Murray Any good?