Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ride in va??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2000, 04:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for any good places to ride in virginia?

Old 11-04-2000, 03:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

WHERE IN VA? I'M IN NEWPORT NEWS.ARE YOU ANYWHERE NEAR BY? I RIDE ALOT.WRITE BACK.
JEREMY

FKU2OK@AOL.COM

Old 11-04-2000, 12:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live in fredericksburg. I ride whenever Ican on the way now.

Old 11-04-2000, 03:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey bud, I would look at the trails that are in the National Parks. We rode the Pedlar Landing trail last Tuesday outside of Lynchburg. Besides the dust, we had a good time. I would wait for a good rain before I headed up. We have also rode Rocky Run that is outside of Harrisonburg. It also is a good ride. I hear a lot of folks whine about it being rough, but I enjoy them. I have heard of a spot up near Fredricksburg, but still haven't found much about it. If you hear of anything, please post it or e-mail me. Good luck.

Old 11-05-2000, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live in Herndon va. And there are 2 places to ride near me. Right off Rt. 28 by the Carmax, there is 2 places to ride. There is a track across the street from Carmax. The track is all right, but everyone from the area rides there, so the track gets beat down quick. It has 3 big doubles, 1 tabletop, 1 triple, and 1 whoops section.
If your more into trail riding you can go behind Carmax, and there is alot of trails back there. You can ride the trails all the way to Leesburg. Most of the trails are Jeep trails, and there are a couple of creek crossings.
To get to the track from Rt. 7 south, you take the Rt. 28 south exit, and at the light past carmax you can take a left onto Church rd. and the track is behind the Exxon. Or you can take a right onto Waxpool, go through the first light, and then after that light take your first left. After you have made that left take your first right. The trails are on the right by the mail facility you can't miss it.

Cya at the track,
Robert

Old 11-17-2000, 01:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

1bad400,
We rode in Tasker's gap last week and had a great time. Its in the George Washington Natl Park area. You can follow the link off this board to find info on it. I drove their from Frederick MD and plan on making a few trips back. IT is quite challenging on some trails and you can still get wide open in other areas. You probably should have 4 wheel drive on some trails though.

Mick

Old 11-19-2000, 08:16 PM
Range Rover

I used to live in fredericksburg..........try riding behind the service town truck stop.........also, at the stafford exit of I-95 there is a place to ride.............also, there is a track on the road that takes you to the stafford county landfill...........also, we used to ride behind the 7-11 on 234 north just past the intersection of 95 & 234 in dumfries,.........there used to be a MX track on ferry road in fredericksburg I think...."white oak"????

these days I ride in my back yard

Old 11-23-2000, 12:58 PM
Range Rover

hotballyz125,
I drove by the 2 spots you suggest........how do you access the track behind exxon? I couldn't see it.

the place across from the post office is littered with NO TRESPASSING signs every 100'. Do the cops trouble you there or what? I hate to park there just to come back & find my truck towed away or a ticket on the windshield.

Old 11-23-2000, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

2punksdad:

I don't know the exact directions (street names etc) but here are the basics.
When you on Church Rd. go past the Exxon, its a 2 lane road. It will narrow down into one lane, right before it narrows down to one lane you want to take a left...I think the road is called "Rankin", But I know for a fact that the road starts with a "R". Once you turn left, you want to take the next left. A tractor store will be on your left. You go down the road a couple seconds and the entrance to the track is going to sneak up on you. It's just a dirt trail cut into the woods you gotta be looking for it. The entrance to the track is on the left, and on your right you will see the bike trail.

About the track behind the mail facility, I have never had any problems with the cops or anything. I usually drive my truck back down the trails and park, just to be safe. But others park on the side of the road, and none of them have had any problems. I wouldn't park in front of the mail facility, and unload just to be safe though. If your coming down 606, and turn right on the mail facility road, the road will turn to gravel, where it turns to gravel you can turn left and drive back to the spot where everyone rides. You don't need to have a big truck or anything, once you get past the entrance its smooth sailing.
I know the directions aren't that good, but I hope they help.

Old 11-23-2000, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've riden in all the places you've talked about exect for the one off of 234. The one at the stafford courthouse is great trails lead everywhere but the word is the county is cracking down on people riding there. The track that is on the road to the county landfill isn't to bad to ride if your there when 20 or 30 people are there and pretty soon it will be gone thanks to the new airport. The last word I heard that the white oak mx track was closed down. I've got a couple friends trying to find out more.

Quick Reply: ride in va??